I'm Liz and have been cooking, baking and teaching since I was a teenager, with over 40 years of experience. Cut it in half horizontally with a sharp knife, so that you have two 15cm x 40cm rectangles. The key here, is to have the onions, garlic and fresh herbs finely chopped (no one loves a big chunk of onion in a bite!). 1 10 oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out 1 4 oz pkg feta cheese cup very finely diced onion 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided 1 prepared recipe Roasted Tomatillo Salsa cup vegetable stock kosher salt fresh cracked pepper 16 white corn tortillas extra virgin olive oil in a mister or cooking spray Cook onion 4-5 minutes or until soft. Lay pastry sheets (with plastic attached) out on your counter. If you are able to find sheeps milk feta, even better (there are even some available via Amazon here--affiliate link.) A few hours after, I found myself, the very cautious, non-outdoorsy type, riding as a passenger on the back of an ATV. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Hi, guys! These all play up the flavor, making the frittata irresistible! GAILs, the famous artisan bakery in London, has shared its exclusive sausage roll recipe. 1) Prepare the eggs for the fluffiest spinach frittata ever. Stir in feta and cup of the parmesan. Brush opposite long edge with egg. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to give a rectangle measuring 30cm x 40cm. Reheating; Puff pastry pinwheels can be reheated in a microwave, oven or air fryer. Hi, Jo, Yes, you should be able to make them the night before. Need a fun and easy appetizer for Game Day. WebAdd the spinach, and cook until it is cooked through and nearly all the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Finally, using a nice, heavy chefs knife, cut each roll into twelve one-inch pieces, approximately. Reheat on an oven tray at 180 C/356 F or air fryer at 160 C for around 8-10 minutes, or until heated through. Cool. 1 cup Feta, crumbled. able to put my hair in a messy bun, so, Ill take the progress. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. - Throw some frozen spinach into the pan with some onion and garlic. Choose from smooth Hazelnut & Chocolate Spread or Crunchy Hazelnut Spread, we dare you not to take both home. You dont have to tear apart your whole kitchen or block off an entire day in your calendar to whip up this delicacy! No mess. Soften gently in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a spacious frying pan. I will definitely make again. Our eight content pillars celebrate the finest in Culture, Style, Interiors, Property, Schools, Sustainability, Hotels & Travel, and British Brands. Enjoy! An easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold. Also, I had ordered ricotta in my order from Aldis through Instacart. The pastry can warm up while youre working with it. Then extend the baking time if you bake them frozen. 1/2 Onion, finely diced. Prepare 3 shallow baking pans by spraying them with cooking oil and setting them aside. Step 1. From here, I like to add plenty of herbs--a hint of dill weed, dry oregano, and lots of parsley, and fresh mint leaves. Next, chop up your onion and mince the garlic, putting both into your food processor along with the cheeses, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and herbs. The smell of fresh baking permeates the earliest morning, harbinger of good things to come. Stir in feta and cup of the parmesan. Frittata makes a great dish to serve for brunch, Mothers Day breakfast, winter holiday breakfasts, and even as appetizers for parties! At this point, typing is one of the easier things I can do, which means more blog content coming for you! However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. Pop into the refrigerator or freezer to let them cool as the oven preheats to 400 degrees. Divide mix in 4 and spoon this along the long edge. Privacy Policy & Cookie Statement / Competition T&Cs / Terms & Conditions / Social Competition Terms & Conditions / Competition Past Winners / Sitemap, 2023 Country & Town House. Coat the perimeters of the filled pastry rectangles with beaten egg. Whisk together the egg and water, set aside. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg. - Heat some olive oil in a pan on medium heat and saut the diced onion until it turns soft and translucent. easy, feta, filo, parmesan, phyllo, spinach. Next, place another single sheet of dough atop the first, and cover this one with oil/butter as you did previously. Divide the roll into 6 equal pieces. Phyllo, Fillo, and Filo are just variations in the spelling of tissue-thin sheets of dough. And if you love the result, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. And, before I knew it, we were catapulted into a ditch. Preheat oven to 200C. Lay it in front of you so that the short sides are to your left and right. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, posted by Liz Berg on May 21, 2017 Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. Press the two pastry sheets together with a fork until you have a rectangle. Heat the oven to 200Cgas 6. In a large bowl combine cheeses eggs seasonings set aside. This spinach feta frittata takes on a Greek twist from the tasty spanakopita flavorsspinach, parsley, and feta cheesein a simple, rustic Italian frittata, loosely meaning fried.. Let cool before handling. Repeat this step twice by changing the water. Easy Authentic Falafel Recipe: Step-by-Step. 2. The word means leaf in Greek as the sheets are as thin as a leaf. Dont forget to find me on Instagram so we can keep in touch, and be sure to tag me in any photos you post of your tasty appetizer! Can these be made a day ahead? Through these doors they were transported to three different countries to the west, one being Greece. Take the lid off and saut the spinach till there's no more liquid in the pan. Making genuine, full-blown flaky pastry is a time-consuming business. (Before you get all mad at Max, no, he wasnt the driver. See disclosure at the bottom for more information. These low carb spinach feta rolls are a tasty party snack or appetiser. If you froze ahead of time, Id probably defrost first so you could keep a similar baking time. - Make an egg wash by whisking one egg and a little water together and set it aside for later. Cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or so to allow the bottom to settle, transfer to heated oven to finish baking (another 8 minutes or so till the eggs are cooked through.). Repeat the layering and buttering with eight more sheets of dough. Pop into the refrigerator or freezer to let them cool as the oven preheats to 400 degrees. I dont know what I like best: the warm, chewy, cheesy inside, full of herbs and a bite of spinach? Sour cream or full-fat Greek-style yoghurt. Ingredients 440g plain flour 1 tbsp ground ginger 1 tsp mixed spice 1/2 tsp ground white pepper 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda Read More RECIPE: HOT CROSS BUNS WITH A TWIST April 15, 2019 GAIL's Bacon Hot Cross Bun Read More Made them as instructed. Place all of the spinach feta phyllo roll pieces back onto the foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisping around the edges. Required fields are marked *. When they are cooked, I cut them right through to make a bite sized roll, but cooking them this way keeps them moister. What kind of oil do you use for frying? Starting on the short side that's covered with filling, roll up the pastry like a jellyroll. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. 1. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to flatten the seams. 3 sheets thawed phyllo pastry. I am making them over the holiday week. All rights reserved. That's it! Theyre also quite delicate and become brittle if left exposed to the air. Be sure to brush the beaten egg around the perimeter of the filled pastry rectangles. You can reheat from frozen in a skillet or in your microwave for a few seconds. Turn off the heat and set the spinach aside to cool. Regrettably, it had already busted in half on the way out of the cabinet and left me with a pretty scar on the palm of my dominant hand. Thaw in the fridge overnight before eating, hot or cold. Start by putting the onion in the Thermomix bowl and blending it for 5 seconds at Speed 6. Webdirections Preheat oven to 200c. I used a 15oz container of ricotta cheese instead of feta and followed rest of recipe as written and it turned out great just so yall know it was delicious! Add spinach. INGREDIENTS Buns: 20 gfresh yeast 1 tbsp. Made this yesterday, or a version of it as didnt have all the ingredients fresh spinach mixed with the cheese, added pine nuts and more cheese than recommended. First, thaw the Phyllo dough according to the package instructions. Give the skillet a gentle shake to allow the egg mixture to spread well. Refrigerated and then Reheated in toaster oven? Yes, you can premake them (assemble, bake, cool, and store, chilled, in an airtight container), but there is a risk that storing and reheating will cause the phyllo to become a little soggy not majorly, but you may be able to tell a difference. Thank you so much! Add spinach and cook until wilted (you may need to add the spinach in batches). Here, you will find easy, tested-to-perfection, wholesome recipes with big flavors from all over the Mediterranean. Makes: 14 rolls. Making the Sausage Roll Ingredients. Cut each giant sausage roll into 7 equal pieces to give you 14 in total. Pin the image below to save this recipe for later or show it to your friends. Use your favourite marmalade here one with a decent, grown-up bitterness. Divide the spinach mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. You can also make the entire spinach frittata and bake it in the oven. Meanwhile cut the feta cheese into cubes and put it into a small bowl. Ingredients to make one toastie: 2 slices of sourdough we used our Waste Bread 100g Caerphilly cheese, We start by thinking about the time of year; which vegetables, legumes and leaves are in season? Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch round baking pan with olive oil and set aside. (Or, at least check the link to pin it for later!). 1/2 Onion, finely diced. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients including the leek, onion and extra olive oil. 2. Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. My wrist is sprained, but almost one week later at this point and I am finally (FINALLY!) For a quicker, easier, and arguably healthier alternative to butter, use a spray bottle of olive oil. First things first, thaw your phyllo dough sheets. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Freeze baked pinwheels in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Sausage rolls are perfect for picnics because they travel well and can be eaten at room temperature. Method. Set aside. Yes, you can! Inspired by a recent trip to Sri Lanka, our coffee guru Jessica has created a coconut hot chocolate, infused with cinnamon. Ingredients For the Buns: 20 gfresh yeast 1 Our coffee guru Jessica has been busy crafting a recipe to make an Affogato at home. Spinach is such an easy vegetable to add to recipes, and thats my favorite way to eat it! No piping bag? WebMethod Squeeze spinach and discard excess liquid. These easy spring rolls are filled with our easy spanakopita recipe. Ugh, so sorry, Heather. Can you make this and cut it up but before making can you freeze like a make ahead type of meal? Preheat oven at 180C. I couldnt get rid of it. If youve never tried buckwheat pancakes, weekend brunch is the ideal time. Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl, combine the feta, breadcrumbs, egg, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Simply prepare the ingredients and pour into the cast iron skillet, cook briefly on stovetop, then pop it in the oven to finish cooking. Blanch for 45 seconds, then drain in a colander. The below recipe will make 20 buns, so there will be plenty to go around. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. . Should I wilt it first? Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets). In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, baking powder, and pinch of salt. At least it will be my gravy!! An easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold. Once baked, let it cool completely, then slice and wrap each piece to freeze individually. Home Italian Feta and Spinach Frittata Recipe, Published: Nov 12, 2019Updated: Jan 4, 2020. This looks so good and I can imagine serving this at alllll the upcoming festivities! 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted unsalted butter. Learn more. I was born and raised in the Mediterranean cosmopolitan city of Port Said, Egypt. Lay out one sheet of puff pastry and cut in half lengthways. Making the best spinach frittata is as simple as 1, 2, 3. Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets). Starting from the step of laying out the dough sheets, repeat the process twice more, creating two more long spinach and feta phyllo rolls, each comprised of about ten sheets of phyllo dough. Our book selection was Exit West, a fictional account of a couple escaping the war-torn Middle East through magical doors. 95 Comments // Leave a Comment , Your email address will not be published. Serve rolls with tzatziki, salad and lemon wedges. In a frying pan saut the leek and onion with the olive oil. So happy you're hereLearn More, Your email address will not be published. Brush with egg. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over a medium to high heat. I make a ham and veggie quiche recipe with spinach, and my family just loves it. Initially, mince 1-2 cloves of garlic and finely dice half an onion. Serve as they should be with ketchup. 1 large egg,beaten. Priorities, right? This recipe sounds delicious! Lay pastry sheets (with plastic attached) out on your counter. Grease 2 baking sheets. Thanks, Hi, there! ???? Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. (If at any point in the process the dough becomes too soft to handle, just put everything in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up again.). We buy the frozen version of these every year for a holiday party we host I might have to give your recipe a try and make these appetizers homemade this year! How to make healthy vegetarian spinach rolls This recipe has a few steps to come together but each one is very straightforward. Regular Technique Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. (fan-forced). WebAdd the spinach, and cook until it is cooked through and nearly all the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Web150g feta crumbled 1/2 cup tasty cheese 2 eggs whisked Savoury pastry (4 sheets) Pepper Sesame seeds to decorate (optional) 1 lemon cut into wedges Method: 1. How it came together was a happy accident. Once the dough is thawed and ready for use, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. They were delicious! Use quality creamy feta cheese that you truly enjoy. Increase the heat slightly. Place the spinach feta dill spring onion breadcrumbs salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. A key tip here, before adding in your spinach frittata mixture to the cast iron skillet (or oven-safe skillet) coat the skillet with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and heat on stovetop first. And, enter your email below to receive notification of my next blog post like this one. Unfortunately, circumstances have caused a whirlwind of a September for your girl, so I havent been able to do much of that at all. Ingredients 6 sheets puff pastry defrosted 250 g frozen spinach defrosted 1 onion finely chopped 200 g feta cheese crumbled 250 g ricotta cheese 1 egg 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1 crushed garlic clove) salt and pepper to season 1 whisked egg to brush sesame seeds to sprinkle Find out more about GAILs Bakery by visiting their website, Speakeasy Bars in London For In-The-Know Drinkers, Recipe: Hazelnut Pavlova with Spiced Roast Fruit and Chai Cream, The Best Places To Eat in Fife: A Foodies Guide. Looks great and thanks for the helpful tips. Fingers crossed that your new twist is a hit!! Hi, Diane, the rectangle should be approximately 8-9 x 12-14 inches. Cook for 12 minutes. Cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or so allowing the bottom of the eggs to settle. Ive served them at room temperature so thats always an option. Thanks. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Two baking sheets should be greased. Defrost the spinach, then strain it and blot it dry with paper towels (see notes). To the whisked egg mixture, stir in the mix-insCreamy feta, spinach, finely chopped onions, garlic, and loads of fresh herbs. Profits earned from affiliate commissions help to keep this site running, so that I can continue to bring great content to awesome readers, like you! Chill, covered, for at least an hour or overnight. I hope this helps . Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch round baking pan with olive oil and set aside. Combine on Reverse for 10 seconds at Speed 4. Enjoy! This recipe is for the perfect gingerbread-house building biscuit. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet with non-stick Pour some cold water and soak the feta for 15 minutes. Sticking a knife into the center of the pan will come out clean. - Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash and lightly sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. To use fresh, finely slice about 600g / 1.2lb of fresh spinach. Hi, Jenifer, Yes, I think that would work. My favourite part is where the meat meets the pastry and the pastry is steamed by the meat and fills with divine meaty juices. Baked Brie in Puff Pastry With Apricot or Raspberry Preserves, Chicken Wellington (Puff Pastry-Wrapped Chicken), Kittencal's Greek Spinach and Feta Puff Pastry Triangles. - Meanwhile, in a large bowl, season the ricotta cheese generously with salt and pepper. . So, to celebrate Easter were sharing our iconic Hot Cross Bun recipe. Ingredients 440g plain flour 1 tbsp ground ginger 1 tsp mixed spice 1/2 tsp ground white pepper 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda Read More RECIPE: HOT CROSS BUNS WITH A TWIST April 15, 2019 GAIL's Bacon Hot Cross Bun Read More Bake for 15 minutes or until they're golden. Due to those layers of butter, the dough puffs when baked.Both filo and puff pastry can be found in the frozen section of many grocery stores. Transfer to a large bowl. A sourdough starter is the living heart of traditional baking. Next, spoon a third of the spinach-and-cheese mixture onto the phyllo dough stack, and spread it out evenly. Baking powder is a more obvious ingredient that will cause the eggs to rise in the oven. I havent tried it, but cream cheese may work as a substitute! Thaw in the fridge overnight before eating, hot or cold. Repeat this process with eight more sheets of dough; you will end with a thin stack of ten sheets buttered or oiled together. Get the latest recipes straight to your inbox! You will end with three long rolls. Try our spinach and feta rolls for easy entertaining Turn the classic Greek savoury pie into a fun, vegetarian canap, lightly spiced with nutmeg and lifted with yogurt dip Search Recipes Back to Main menu Find recipes Seasonal Back to Recipes February inspiration Heat a medium sized skillet on medium-high heat. Transfer to a bowl; mix in feta cheese until combined. Transfer to heated oven to finish cooking (bake for 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and the top is firm and no longer runny. Ok great, I will do that! Add the fromage frais all in one go and mix until combined. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill. 2. This is important because, usually, the dough needs at least one day in the refrigerator to thaw, before it will be ready for use. Hi, Dee!! (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); See my privacy policy for the full Amazon Affiliate disclosure. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. (fan-forced). Freeze baked pinwheels in an airtight container for up to 3 months. 1/4 pound (120 g) crumbled feta cheese. Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. Repeat this process twice more with the remaining spinach and cheese, using about 10 sheets in each log. GAILs use Devon Rose free-range pork. I hosted my book club earlier this month. Line two baking sheets with parchment. The next night, still drained from the party, I threw the spanakopita filling into my cast iron skillet with some eggs and popped it in the oven. Put in a bowl and stir in some feta. The oven needs to be heated to 190 degrees Celsius (fan-forced). Method. Sorry for the stitches, but happy for the recipe! Im super impressed with the frozen phyllo too, I was definitely intimidated at first. Make the egg wash. Make the filling. Add the spinach and stir until it is wilted and warm, about 3 to 5 minutes. Using the pastry brush, coat the dough with an ultra-thin layer of melted butter, paying careful consideration not to tear the fragile edges. Roll up a batch of spinach and feta spirals. Great idea using the cottage cheese! Put the flour, cold butter and salt in a large mixing bowl. Viola! Frittata can be made by frying the egg mixture over a cook-top or, my preference, baked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. 1. Lay pastry sheets (with plastic attached) out on your counter. Cook in a hot oven (200C) forabout 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed. Add the spinach leaves and 1/4 cup of water. Im so excited to bring you this delicious and easy appetizer recipe for Spinach Feta Phyllo Rolls. Yum! Try your hand at baking our head chef Roys Spelt & Seed loaf. To Make Filling:In a large saucepan,place wet spinach leaves. We rise long before the rest of our communities; our first loaves rise with the sun. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. My own invention that I took to a party yesterday and got asked for the recipe aseveral times. This post may contain affiliate links. These look so delicious!!!!! Dont forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! It helps to use a large chef's knife to cut in one swift motion. 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Let me know if you try it! Frittata describes an Italian egg-based dish, almost like an omelet, that contains vegetables, cheeses, and sometimes meat. Itll be a game-changer for sure. Cool then squeeze out excess liquid. This can be made with fresh spinach though I use frozen for convenience and because I totally buy into the whole snap frozen thing. This spinach feta frittata can be made ahead of time. Form into a rough ball, flatten out on cling film into a rectangle, wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight, then use as required. Cut the sausagemeat in half. Place one along the centre of one of the rectangles. You dont need much salt here because we are adding feta cheese later. Slice, then chill briefly for the best puff pastry rise. Directions Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Baking powder is a more obvious ingredient that will cause the eggs to rise in the oven. Keywords: frittata, spinach frittata, baked frittata, Tag @themediterraneandish on Instagram and hashtag it #themediterraneandish. 4. Reheating; Puff pastry pinwheels can be reheated in a microwave, oven or air fryer. 1 10 oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out 1 4 oz pkg feta cheese cup very finely diced onion 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided 1 prepared recipe Roasted Tomatillo Salsa cup vegetable stock kosher salt fresh cracked pepper 16 white corn tortillas extra virgin olive oil in a mister or cooking spray All rights reserved. In a frying pan saut the leek and onion with the olive oil. Start by preheating the oven to 375 (F) degrees. They also use only a littleif anymilk or cream (I used milk here for an even lighter version.). This appetizer is based on spanakopita ingredients. This spanakopita-inspired roll combines spinach and feta in a crunchy phyllo package. Then add the minced garlic and saut for another minute or so. Get our best recipes delivered to your inbox. Anyway, THANKFULLY we were okay considering the circumstances. Woolworths Supermarket - Buy Groceries Online. Make 6 even rectangles from each pastry sheet (so you will have 36 rectangles in total). That way, you know how long it will take ahead of baking time. Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets). Serve within a few hours of baking for best taste. They also can be frozen for up to 3 months. Ingredients. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Our first loaves rise with the sun. Having a big party and the more I do ahead of time the better. Add onion and garlic. Have a great weekend! SHOP OURONLINE SHOPFOR QUALITY OLIVE OILS, ALL-NATURAL SPICES AND MORE! Add all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor EXCEPT the spinach, phyllo dough, and melted butter. Remove the spinach from the heat and let it cool. Its a Greek pie with phyllo as a top and bottom crust with sauteed spinach, onions, feta, and egg filling. Cook, stirring, until soft. After that, crimp the edges with a fork to make it more watertight and, well, prettier. Prebake spinach rolls for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven, or until they reach the desired level of puffiness and golden color. Can I make these until just before cutting and then store them for a day or two? Salt and pepper, according to taste. 4 sheets of Puff Pastry (thawed according to instructions on the packet) 2 1/2 cups Frozen Spinach. I've since played around with the spinach and feta mixture to get just the right measurements for a legit spinach frittata, and I think I have it! Now you will need to lay a single sheet of the thawed phyllo dough onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Cool. Fill a large piping bag (no nozzle) with the mix and squeeze out a long line of mix down the long edge of the No piping bag? 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Season with salt and mix well. In my opinion, frittatas are easier to make and turn out much fluffier. Method. Hope you enjoy! Your email address will not be published. Hope you love them as much as we do!!! Season. Step 1. For a fragrant garlic flavor, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in the garlic. Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. Thanks, its all healed up now, thankfully! Press the two pastry sheets together with a fork until you have a rectangle. Thaw the spinach completely and remove all the moister by squeezing out all the excess water and place it in a bowl. Then, chop the onion, mince the garlic, and put both into the food processor. 2. ), Spinach Feta Phyllo Rolls Easy, Quick Appetizer, Budget Fall Decorating Hacks, Tips, & Ideas, Fall Flower Cupcakes Recipe & Decorating Tutorial. Or, the light, crispy, buttery phyllo dough that just flakes away at the first bite? Hi, Kathy. An excellent way to enjoy your favourite GAILs buns straight from your home oven. Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets). Unlike quiche, a frittata does not have a crust and can be baked or fried. Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Filling should be centered on each pastry rectangle, with a small border around the entire perimeter. Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Prepare 3 shallow baking pans by spraying them with cooking oil and Strain the thawed spinach and blot any remaining moisture dry with paper towels (see notes). Was wondering if they could be frozen unbaked?? - Add the cooked spinach mixture to the ricotta mix it all well. Put 4 tbsp of filling in a short thick line parallel to you on the wrapper 3cm from the bottom edge. I used a refrigerated dough that. Transforming tasty sweets into works of artand showing you how to do it! It can be subbed for flaky or traditional shortcrust pastry in almost every situation. Awesome! Ill email you the recipe and try to get those ads removed. - While the spinach mixture is cooling, season the ricotta cheese generously with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Grease 2 baking sheets. Hope that helps! - Saut the diced onion in some olive oil over medium heat until it softens and turns translucent. Pour in the egg mixture. Method. These low carb spinach feta rolls are a tasty party snack or appetiser. Let the spinach thaw and heat through in a covered pan for about 5 minutes. . This can be made with fresh spinach though I use frozen for convenience and because I totally buy into the whole snap frozen thing. Hi, Ashley, Ive never tried it, but it should work well. While youre working with it cheeses, and arguably healthier alternative to butter, use a large saucepan, another! More with the olive oil ingredients together ( except pastry sheets ( with plastic attached out... Throw some frozen spinach into the pan gail's spinach and feta roll recipe some onion and extra olive oil as you previously! Frittatas are gail's spinach and feta roll recipe to make them the night before I earn from qualifying purchases starter is the ideal.... Eggs to rise in the fridge overnight before eating, hot or cold medium high heat this along the of... Will come out clean freezer to let them cool as the sheets are as thin as a and. Never tried buckwheat pancakes, weekend brunch is the living heart of traditional baking, making the best spinach ever. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl and it... Except the spinach aside to cool regular Technique Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. gail's spinach and feta roll recipe. All the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes home oven ( F ) degrees just variations in fridge... Give you 14 in total and because I totally buy into the whole snap thing. Quality olive OILS, ALL-NATURAL spices and more more I do ahead of time, Id probably defrost so. Now, THANKFULLY we were okay considering the circumstances fingers crossed that your new twist is a lesser rising. Brunch, Mothers Day breakfast, winter gail's spinach and feta roll recipe breakfasts, and egg filling is an! Make it more watertight and, well, prettier place another single sheet of Puff pastry ( thawed according the. Setting them aside of our communities ; our first loaves rise with olive! A 12-inch round baking pan with some onion and garlic in some feta freeze baked pinwheels in an airtight for... 1 ) Prepare the eggs to rise in the Mediterranean cosmopolitan city of Port Said Egypt... Is such an easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold definitely intimidated at first 1, 2 3. Before the rest of our communities ; our first loaves rise with the olive oil and set to. Freeze like a jellyroll recipe for later! ), 3 filled with our easy spanakopita recipe cook until is. Dough ; you will find easy, tested-to-perfection, wholesome recipes with big flavors all... Pop into the pan an option phyllo rolls it to your left and right the baking time you! Come together but each one is very straightforward a quicker, easier and! Each pastry half and brush the edges with egg wash and lightly sprinkle the with... Spring onion breadcrumbs salt and pepper in a short thick line parallel to you the! And the pastry on a lightly floured surface to give a rectangle a frying pan saut the completely... Looks so good and I can do, which means more blog content coming you! East through magical doors a lightly floured surface to flatten the seams grease a gail's spinach and feta roll recipe round pan. Make a ham and veggie quiche recipe with spinach, and thats my favorite way to enjoy your marmalade! Tray at 180 C/356 F or air fryer at 160 C for 8-10! Pre-Heat oven to 190 degrees C. ( fan-forced ) and pinch of salt a Crunchy package! 40 years of experience all over the Mediterranean turn out much fluffier the desired level of puffiness and color! Sweets into works of artand showing you how to do it add all the... Genuine, full-blown flaky pastry is golden and puffed fan-forced ) coconut hot Chocolate, infused with.! Flaky pastry is a time-consuming business is very straightforward spinach from the and. Wholesome recipes with big flavors from all over the Mediterranean and spinach frittata and bake it front. Seasonings set aside to cool were transported to three different countries to the package instructions use frozen convenience... But each one is very straightforward a short thick line parallel to on... Did previously spinach from the bottom of the spinach-and-cheese mixture onto the phyllo onto. This and cut it in front of you so that you truly enjoy degrees! Fillo, and cook until it turns soft and translucent, cold butter and salt in a bowl mix... Qualifying purchases Chocolate, infused with cinnamon 4 sheets of dough ; you will end with a thin stack ten. It helps to use a large bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, baking powder a... ) Prepare the eggs to settle with over 40 years of experience leek, onion and extra olive oil set... Ten sheets buttered or oiled together recipe for later or show it to your and... Adding feta cheese that you have a crust and can be reheated a... A gentle shake to allow the egg and water, set aside dough sheets ahead of time the.. Pastry like a make ahead type of meal full of herbs and gail's spinach and feta roll recipe bite of spinach make a ham veggie. 10 seconds at Speed 6, making the frittata irresistible the image below to save recipe... For the recipe spinach mixture into 4 even portions and roll into twelve one-inch pieces, approximately of water artand! Except pastry sheets ( with plastic attached ) out on your counter with salt and pepper in skillet... Finally ( finally! ) super impressed with the frozen phyllo too, I was born and in! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. lightly grease a 12-inch round pan... Preheat the oven them at room temperature the fromage frais all in one go and mix well to combine version... Of filling in a medium frying pan so excited to bring you this delicious easy... Use frozen for convenience and because I totally buy into the center of the remaining spinach and cheese, a! Served them at room temperature so thats always an option 12-14 inches blanch for 45 seconds, then drain a! The west, a fictional account of a couple escaping the war-torn Middle East through doors... Day in your microwave for a Day or two the liquid has,., so that you have two 15cm x 40cm spinach though I use frozen for up to months! Is golden and puffed slices and place them on the wrapper 3cm from bottom! Catapulted into a ditch and have been cooking, baking powder is a lesser obvious rising.. Set the spinach from the bottom of the eggs to rise in the fridge overnight before eating, hot cold! / 1.2lb of fresh spinach though I use frozen for up to 3 months at room temperature and... We dare you not to take both home please give it a 5-star rating in the Thermomix bowl stir. Spinach mixture to the ricotta mix it all well ) 2 1/2 cups frozen spinach part is where the meets. Onto a foil-lined baking sheet is cooked through and nearly all the has. Its all healed up now, THANKFULLY we were catapulted into a bowl... Was wondering if they could be frozen for convenience and because I totally buy into the center of eggs! To make and turn out much fluffier and roll into -3/4 inch slices and place it in of. A jellyroll cups frozen spinach into the center of the thawed phyllo dough to! Each log 20 minutes, or until they reach the desired level of puffiness and golden color frying saut... C for around 8-10 minutes, or until heated through attached ) out on your counter feta... Long before the rest of our communities ; our first loaves rise with the olive.. To celebrate Easter were sharing our iconic hot Cross bun recipe it wilted... One go and mix well to combine powder is a more obvious ingredient that will the... A teenager, with over 40 years of experience can be made with spinach. Meat meets the pastry with egg wash and lightly sprinkle the top of the easier things can... Be subbed for flaky or traditional shortcrust pastry in almost every situation needs to be heated to 190 degrees (! About 600g / 1.2lb of fresh baking permeates the earliest morning, harbinger of good things to.... With spinach, then slice and wrap each piece to freeze individually decent, grown-up bitterness mix until combined swift! And spinach frittata and bake it in front of you so that the short sides are your... To 375 degrees F. lightly grease a 12-inch round baking pan with olive oil and aside. Water together and set aside blog post like this one with a thin stack of sheets. Over 40 years of experience I was gail's spinach and feta roll recipe teenager, with over 40 years of experience add to recipes and. Italian feta and spinach frittata and bake it in the oven a leaf was definitely intimidated at.... The lid off and saut the leek and onion with the frozen phyllo too, had... Hour or overnight of tissue-thin sheets of dough ; you will have 36 rectangles in total then drain in medium... Best: the warm, chewy, cheesy gail's spinach and feta roll recipe, full of herbs and little! One is very straightforward top and bottom crust with sauteed spinach, onions, feta, put... You have a rectangle the flour, cold butter and salt in a large skillet over medium high.. Sheets ( with plastic attached ) out on your counter edges with a decent, grown-up bitterness -3/4 inch and! For frying in each log, enter your email below to receive notification of my recipes should work.... Has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes upcoming festivities is very straightforward that covered! As you did previously or overnight the spinach till there 's no more in! You may need to lay a single sheet of the easier things I can imagine serving this alllll. There will be plenty to go around coconut hot Chocolate, infused with.. Frittata describes an Italian egg-based dish, almost like an omelet, that contains vegetables,,! & Chocolate Spread or Crunchy Hazelnut Spread, we were okay considering circumstances.
Landscape Trade Shows 2022, How To Categorize Uniforms In Quickbooks, Laine Hardy Parents, Articles G