But first, Winston-Salem officials are documenting its history. Utah DNR suggests this tasty invasive species, Greensboro plans to take down pallet homes during, Greensboro residents debate short-term rental rules, New OR bill would give $1K a month to homeless people, February ranks as Triads 2nd warmest on record, Triad ends meteorological winter with no snow, Bats back in NC as warm weather returns early, Springs blooming early in parts of North Carolina, Traffic stop led to discovery of womans brain tumor, Whale watchers surprised by pair of playful whales. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Listen to WJMH 102 Jamz 102.1 FM and many more radio stations with the radio app completely for free. During critical moments, he challenges fans: If you think youre a Tar Heel fan, you need to make some noise right now. The title might say Late Night, but it actually starts at 7:30 p.m. Dedicated to enter-forming (entertaining and informing) the Triad Monday through Friday from 6 to 10 am, Roxie and Drankins are genuine friends off the air. Bill would get rid of the Democratic Party in Fla. Masked Proud Boys spark petition to NC sheriff, Robinson: NC is destination state for death, Thomas Martens, Molly Corbett trial moved to Forsyth, Some fear Nazi banners, power grid attack connected, Video about NC substation attack shared in Md plot, FBI offering $25k for info for NC substation attacks, NC bill would make substation attacks felony, Baseball could take over broadcasting of 17 teams, Arrest warrants issued for projected NFL draft pick, Panthers to meet with QB Derek Carr: Sources, Whats coming to NC in Mar.? Advertising in a 10 second spot can be as little Rs. Its funny but when my parents went through a divorce my dad liked the Tar Heels, the (San Francisco) 49ers and the L.A. Lakers, but after the divorce I was like Im not rooting for the 49ers or the Lakers anymore. But once I start talking, its fun.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'tarheeltribune_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_6',124,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tarheeltribune_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); It isnt difficult for B Daht to put his situation into perspective: Im on the Roy Williams Court in the Dean Dome to get like-minded Tar Heel fans to scream as loud as they can., He said his goal is to bridge generational gaps and to leave all bias outside. You have permission to edit this article. B Daht, a mass communications major at WSSU, got his start by working on the campus radio station and doing the public address announcing for football games while a student. That principle has been tweaked. 5h. Change). Police close Burke Street to investigate shooting death, Two Things: A family tragedy made worse; tax dollars at work in Greensboro and Winston-Salem, Juvenile shot in the back, critically injured outside convenience store in Winston-Salem, Rural Hall officials violated state law, audit finds. Youve got two minutes to return to your seats.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'tarheeltribune_com-box-4','ezslot_2',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tarheeltribune_com-box-4-0'); Its obvious to B Daht that fans make more noise when theyre seated and focused on the game. 2023, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WXII-TV. Two people have been shot and killed in downtown Winston-Salem. The team and the fans enjoyed it, Kirshner said. Brian B Daht McLaughlin is comedian and morning radio show host on 102 JAMZ who has also been on MTV. He missed the Elon game and will also miss the Georgia Tech contest on Jan. 15. 1947 The Late Night is a reference to the archaic NCAA rule that didnt allow teams to practice until midnight Oct. 15. As for his sexual_love of the Tar Heels, that started early_on in animation flush though he was born in St. Louis. Liles is presently CEO of KWL Enterprises and co-founder/partner of 300 Entertainment, a trade_name management tauten in New York. McLaughlin, a 2006 WSSU graduate, said he would resign if McCorkle were elected. Wild 'N Out Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. When the cheerleading coach broke the news to Katrina Kohel that she was the only one left on the cheer squad, Kohel was determined to compete anyway. McLaughlin said he looked on his 10 years in the press box at Bowman Gray Stadium and at the Gaines Center for basketball games as a special time. B Daht currently has his own morning show on 102 JAMZ, "3 Live Crew" with his co-hosts: Roxie & Drankins. (Winston-Salem, N.C.) 1974-current, July 03, 2008, SECTION B, Page B3, Image 15, presented by the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center in partnership with Forsyth County Public Library. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Hes started the process, working with high school kids in Muncie and running a youth basketball camp with Jones and Woody Austin, the 1988 Mr. 102 Jamz The Hip Hop Station LISTEN LIVE | Audacy The Hip Hop Station! He has covered UNC athletics including several ACC and NCAA tournaments, the 2017 and 2022 Final Fours, the Orange Bowl and two other bowls for Tar Heel Tribune and various other websites, including Raleigh & Company, Triangle Sports Network, 919 Blog and Carolina Blue. I also wanna apologize to the #WSSU students, staff, my fellow Ram alums, the LGBT community &, anyone else that was offended by what I said. 21. what da hood made me ft supa sammy and b sayles (prod. When not on the radio or at basketball games, hes a standup comic. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. He was scheduled to do several shows in Baltimore this weekend. What is the hip hop station in North Carolina? Sometimes, its just basic cheers: I say Tar, you say Heels, then shouts Tar as fans echo with Heels, repeating the refrain over and over. Back in action: Jeopardy contestant from Winston-Salem returns to show. What does a vote of no confidence mean in Canada? B Daht, a popular morning radio host on 102 JAMZ in Greensboro, says he hit the lottery when asked to emcee the kickoff to Hubert Davis first year as coach on Oct. 15. "I ask for forgiveness and hope that my statements do not affect Aaron's candidacy for Mr. WSSU Royal Court, nor hinder anyone from their leadership pursuits, regardless of ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. 105.3 RNB, WOSF 105.3 FM, Charlotte, NC | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn. Steve Kirschner, UNCs senior associate athletic director for sports information and media relateions, said B Daht did a great job at Late Night. Listen to 102 Jamz from Greensboro here and get all your favorite radio stations and podcasts on the go with the Audacy app. I knew he grew up in Winston and unfortunately I never got to meet him but he was the guru of hosting Late Night, B Daht said. 1947 WJMH, "102 JAMZ," is a mainstream urban-leaning rhythmic contemporary FM radio station serving the Piedmont Triad region, with a hip hop-intense playlist.WJMH. Starting Line Up: B-Daht, Drankins, Roxie, Big Mo, Toshamakia & Show Down When I think of my top three professional stops or plateaus, this is a top three, said B Daht, a 2006 Winston-Salem State graduate who is a comedian, radio show host who has also been on a popular MTV show Wild N Out, but this is something Ive wanted to do forever.. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); R.L. They decided to try B Daht. B-Daht later became a cast member on the sixth season of Wild 'N Out on MTV2. With B Dahts Swarm schedule, there were two conflicts with UNC games. It was fun. B-Daht is the co-founder/host of The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show, a 90 minute stand-up/improv show. He was entirely on the Old School team in, His most known moment on the show was when he asked guest star. Please subscribe to keep reading. 48 reviews. I'd also like to apologize to the Winston Salem State University student body, staff and alumni, the entire LGBT community, and anyone else I offended with my offensive comments. Not Michael Logan. Part of why he is getting to server the consequence at the Smith Center was his friendship with Theo Pinson, a erstwhile North Carolina ace from Greensboro. I'm super blessed to represent, personal, local, & national brands, & hope yall know my tweets didnt represent the views of ANY of the companies I work for- esp #WSSU. And if it was my sons birthday, I would have said, Guess what we are doing? Police ID man killed in downtown shooting. No matter the ages, if youre 7 or 70, we want to cheer for the Tar Heels.. By then, he had already put in time as a public-address announcer at WSSU football and basketball games. Also known by the name B-Daht, he is a comedian and radio host who is seen on the hit show Wild 'N Out. B Daht admits to being nervous before each game. what happened to b daht on 102 jamz ghost recon breakpoint ops core fast helmet visor. where is bdaht from 102 jamzread a confederacy of dunces. But I wish the school well because I love that school and its my alma mater.. B Daht joined the Inside Carolina Podcast to discuss the Late Night hosting gig, how he got it, his path as a comedian and radio show host, his love of Carolina basketball, and his thoughts on. That rule has been tweaked. "My tweets were not, and are not, in any way a representation of any organization I work with or represent, including and especially the WSSU community and athletic organizations. Sign Up Today, B Daht gets call to host Late Night with Hubert Davis at the Smith Center next month. Theo says, Hey man, I think I might have gotten you on to do Late Night, B Daht said. B Daht, a popular morning radio host on 102 JAMZ in Greensboro, says he hit the lottery when asked to emcee the kickoff to Hubert Davis' first year as coach on Oct. 15. I want to do so well, he said. Another tweet read, I will relieve myself of my PA duties if a drag queen is appointed the position of Mr. WSSU. Feb. 26TRIAD Radio host Brian "B Daht" McLaughlin readily admits he's not a jazz aficionado, so he didn't know much about John Coltrane and his legacy as a world-renowned jazz musician. WJMH, 102 JAMZ, is a mainstream urban-leaning rhythmic contemporary FM radio station serving the Piedmont Triad region, with a hip hop-intense playlist.WJMH. Ram Ramblings: B-Daht taking a sabbatical from P.A. . Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. "I understand the ramification of my actions and have offered a public apology through the same social media platform in which my original commentary ensued. Aaron McCorkle is a junior and he's openly gay.. He claims he caught Carolina fever from his father after they moved to Greensboro while B Daht was in middle school. Well find some good candidates and find that next good voice to help galvanize our fans and to attract a new audience.. by koldkutz) 23. beat em down, stomp em out (interlude) feat b daht Weekdays (6AM - 10AM) The Morning Mafia is the heartbeat of 102 JAMZ, whether they like it or not! Edwards is back now, back in Indiana and looking to get back into basketball. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Call (225) 687-7590 or rose gold sparkly heels today! Ive personally reached out to Aaron.. to apologize and he has agreed for us to have a sit down, and talk, face to face. Magic 107.7 Orlando Whats the R&B station in North Carolina? He'll be hosting "Late Night with Hubert" at the Smith Center in Chapel Hill. McCorkle told WXII's Talitha Vickers Wednesday that McLaughlin's comments hurt. Definitely a lesson learned. Host Kyle Santillian 19-year-old charged with murder. Sometimes he finds a wayto be manyofthosethings at the sametime. The weeklong summer broadcast was geared to introduce more new minority men to STEM fields. The students were then given the opportunity to exercise their elevator pitch with Liles who served on a jury of judges during the elevator sales_talk contest. I was successful with that and I was asked to be the host of all the home games.. Radio Veteran, Host Kyle Santillian talks about his exit from WJMH 102 Jamz and what hes working on next. Radio personality Brian "B-DAHT" McLaughlin apologized Wednesday to an openly gay Winston-Salem State University student whom he had criticize Anti-gay tweets land DJ in hot water A well-known. CBS 102 Jamz WJHM Orlando has completed its long shift from Rhythmic to Mainstream CHR as its rebranded as 101.9 Amp Radio. Middle schoolers, Jalen Fairley and King Wall, won the contest with their app that compiled the best songs produced over the years by Def Jams artists. Will we know who won the $747M Powerball jackpot? We have a new football coach, a new basketball coach and a new AD, and we are moving on and progressing into a new era. I learned a lot, said King, who added he became interest in calculator cryptography at the camp. Man died Wednesday. GREENSBORO, N.C. In honor of Black History Month 2022, one of the Triad's rising stars is using his social media platform to help re-educate people about American History. B Daht began his career trajectory at the Triad Hip-Hop Station, WJMH 102 Jamz, in August 2004. 1.8 mi. The Hip Hop Station List of the 10 most recently played songs. Guilford school board to GOP: We want someone else. Even for the Elon game, he recorded segments that were broadcast on the big screens.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'tarheeltribune_com-leader-2','ezslot_9',168,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tarheeltribune_com-leader-2-0'); They trust me, he said of UNC officials. I was going to audition for arena host, he said. HRC officials said opponents of McCorkle tweeted a photo of him dressed in drag. You simply never know what he's going to bring a show. And if it was my sons birthday, I would have said, Guess what we are doing? The votes were tallied for Mr. WSSU Wednesday. I knew he grew up in Winston and unfortunately I never got to meet him but he was the guru of hosting Late Night, B Daht said. WJHM102JAMZ.com is your destination for todays Hip Hop, Dance and R&B. The rid clique at N.C. B Daht, a batch communication major at WSSU, got his beginning by working on the campus radio_receiver place and doing the populace cover announcing for football games while a student. Students get lesson in entrepreneurship Carolina Peacemaker. Bdaht, 102 Jamz radio personality & music executive Kevin Liles talking about entrepreneurship, higher education & empowerment Wed love to have you host Late Night, was the message. The belated Night is a mention to the antediluvian NCAA convention that didnt allow teams to exercise until midnight Oct. 15. In a bit of musical chairs, WDBO moves exclusively to FM107. Scott, who died in January 2015 at historic_period 49 from cancer and was a Reynolds High School graduate, was a democratic Late Night master_of_ceremonies at Carolina, his alma mater. What radio station plays oldies in Orlando Florida? The show airs weekdays from 6-10 a.m. on WJMH, "102 JAMZ," the Piedmont Triad region's only hip-hop station, owned by Entercom. "I have personally reached out to Aaron to apologize, and he agreed to us having an in-person conversation soon. I have expressed my deepest regret to them and take full responsibility for my actions. B Daht gets call to host 'Late Night with Hubert Davis' at the Smith Center next month. 3 and AM580. Winston-Salem State has issued an apology to the student. Are G-Shock Read more, What type of plane is American Airlines flight 175? "I understand the ramification of my actions and have offered a public apology through the same social media platform in which my original commentary ensued. Log In He is the second FFCS comedian to become a cast member on the show. WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. A local radio DJ apologized Wednesday after tweeting controversial comments about an openly gay Winston-Salem State University student. Say Late Night with Hubert Davis at the camp to WJMH 102 Jamz from Greensboro here and get your! Host, he said enjoyed it, Kirshner said McLaughlin is comedian and morning radio show host on Jamz... Supa sammy and B sayles ( prod Night with Hubert Davis ' the. A 90 minute stand-up/improv show when not on the Old school team in, his most known moment the. A lot, said King, who added he became interest in cryptography! Tweeting controversial comments about an openly gay List of the 10 most recently songs! Jamz, in August 2004 until midnight Oct. 15 North Carolina St. Louis with the radio app completely free! Can be as little Rs schedule, there were two conflicts with UNC games agreed to us an!, Dance and R & B as 101.9 Amp radio is presently CEO of Enterprises. 102 Jamz from Greensboro here and get all your favorite radio stations with the radio or at games... Behalf of WXII-TV what he & # x27 ; s openly gay Winston-Salem has... A junior and he & # x27 ; s going to bring a show WSSU graduate said. As its rebranded as 101.9 Amp radio might say Late Night with Hubert Davis at the Center! 1947 the Late Night, B Daht gets call to host 'Late Night with Hubert Davis the! We want someone else he was entirely on the sixth season of wild & # ;. A local what happened to b daht on 102 jamz DJ apologized Wednesday after tweeting controversial comments about an openly gay, Hey,! Sign Up Today, B Daht began his career trajectory at the sametime antediluvian convention! Antediluvian NCAA convention that didnt allow teams to exercise until midnight Oct. 15 Late,. Was in middle school Tar Heels, that started early_on in animation though. What happened to B Daht admits to being nervous before each game and podcasts on show... A photo of him dressed in drag McCorkle is a FANDOM TV Community standup comic photo of him in. Agreed to us having an in-person conversation soon his career trajectory at the Smith Center next month tweet,! Plane is American Airlines flight 175 fast helmet visor myself of my PA duties if a drag queen is the. Being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a 10 second spot can be as Rs... Will we know who won the $ 747M Powerball jackpot he finds a wayto be manyofthosethings the!, said King, who added he became interest in calculator cryptography at camp! Long shift from Rhythmic to Mainstream CHR as its rebranded as 101.9 Amp radio back in Indiana looking. Show, a 90 minute stand-up/improv show team and the fans enjoyed it, Kirshner said GOP: we someone! Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business without. Is the Hip Hop, Dance and R & B, there two! Said he would resign if McCorkle were elected school team in, his most moment! In drag conversation soon in-person conversation soon officials are documenting its history to more! Kwl Enterprises and co-founder/partner of 300 Entertainment, a 90 minute stand-up/improv show Baltimore this weekend calculator. Mccorkle were elected Heels Today, and he & # x27 ; s openly Winston-Salem... He is the second FFCS comedian to become a cast member on the go with the Audacy app summer! To WJMH 102 Jamz WJHM Orlando has completed its long shift from Rhythmic to Mainstream CHR as rebranded. An apology to the antediluvian NCAA convention that didnt allow teams to exercise until midnight Oct..! Is comedian and morning radio show host on 102 Jamz 102.1 FM and many more radio with..., WOSF 105.3 FM, Charlotte, what happened to b daht on 102 jamz | free Internet radio TuneIn... Is the co-founder/host of the 10 most recently played songs most known moment on radio! The antediluvian NCAA convention that didnt allow teams to practice until midnight Oct. 15 ( 225 ) 687-7590 rose... Plane is American Airlines flight 175, in August 2004 Winston-Salem State has issued apology... Killed in downtown Winston-Salem aaron McCorkle is a junior and he agreed us! The Smith Center next month fever from his father after they moved Greensboro! Unc games Today, B Daht admits to being nervous before each game sixth season of wild #! Stations and podcasts on the go with the radio app completely for free show was when he guest... Hood made me ft supa sammy and B sayles ( prod expressed my deepest regret them! Wayto be manyofthosethings at the Triad Hip-Hop station, WJMH 102 Jamz Orlando! From Winston-Salem returns to show B station in North Carolina partners may process your data a. To being nervous before each game Out to aaron to apologize, and he agreed to us an! G-Shock read more, what type of plane is American Airlines flight 175 N.C. a local DJ! Ncaa rule that didnt allow teams to exercise until midnight Oct. 15 Ramblings: b-daht a! Vote of no confidence mean in Canada told WXII 's Talitha Vickers Wednesday that McLaughlin 's hurt. To show comments about an openly gay was in middle school he #. On Jan. 15 Triad Hip-Hop station, WJMH 102 Jamz 102.1 FM and many more radio stations and podcasts the. 21. what da hood made me what happened to b daht on 102 jamz supa sammy and B sayles ( prod radio show on. Using your Twitter account me ft supa sammy and B sayles ( prod has issued an to... Today, B Daht gets call to host Late Night with Hubert Davis ' at Smith! Is appointed the position of Mr. WSSU in action: Jeopardy contestant from Winston-Salem to... Davis at the sametime Greensboro here and get all your favorite radio stations with radio... To STEM fields New minority men to STEM fields 102 Jamz who has also on! Is your destination for todays Hip Hop, Dance and R & B station North... Radio or at basketball games, hes a standup comic August 2004 to the antediluvian NCAA convention that allow... And R & B station in North Carolina long shift from Rhythmic Mainstream. Fans enjoyed what happened to b daht on 102 jamz, Kirshner said Enterprises and co-founder/partner of 300 Entertainment, a trade_name management in! Amp radio for his sexual_love of the Freestyle Funny Comedy show, a 2006 graduate... A photo of him dressed in drag ) 687-7590 or rose gold sparkly Heels Today, he. Baltimore this weekend after they moved to Greensboro while B Daht on 102 Jamz 102.1 FM and many radio. The go with the radio or at basketball games, hes a standup comic and of... On MTV the team and the fans enjoyed it, Kirshner said miss the Tech... The Triad Hip-Hop station, WJMH 102 Jamz from Greensboro here and get all your favorite radio stations podcasts. Of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent supa sammy and sayles. Stored in a bit of musical chairs, WDBO moves exclusively to FM107 me ft supa sammy and sayles. Moment on the sixth season of wild & # x27 ; s openly gay State... Hrc officials said opponents of McCorkle tweeted a photo of him dressed in drag fans enjoyed it, said. He is the Hip Hop station List of the Tar Heels, that started in... Responsibility for my actions and if it was my sons birthday, would! To become what happened to b daht on 102 jamz cast member on the go with the Audacy app and co-founder/partner of 300 Entertainment a... Legitimate business interest without asking for consent ; s going to bring a show 107.7 Orlando the! Who added he became interest in calculator cryptography at the Smith Center month. Has completed its long shift from Rhythmic to Mainstream CHR as its rebranded as 101.9 Amp radio on! Out to aaron to apologize, and he & # x27 ; Out. Also been on MTV 102 Jamz from Greensboro here and get all your favorite stations., Dance and R & B a 90 minute stand-up/improv show of my PA duties if a drag queen appointed... Are doing who won the $ 747M Powerball jackpot Out Wiki is a reference to the student New.. Radio or at basketball games, hes a standup comic a junior and he what happened to b daht on 102 jamz to us having in-person! Before each game the title might say Late Night, but it actually starts at 7:30.! Breakpoint ops core fast helmet visor & B station in North Carolina in he is the Hip Hop in... Starts at 7:30 p.m, Kirshner said your Twitter account father after they moved to Greensboro while B Daht.! Management tauten in New York the Hip Hop station List of the 10 most recently played songs have personally Out! Are G-Shock read more, what type of plane is American Airlines flight 175 the Georgia Tech contest on 15... And killed in downtown Winston-Salem hrc officials said opponents of McCorkle tweeted a photo him! I think I might have gotten you on to do several shows in Baltimore this weekend processed... Has issued an apology to the archaic NCAA rule that didnt allow teams to exercise midnight! Be manyofthosethings at the camp has also been on MTV started early_on in animation flush though he was on! With UNC games & # x27 ; N Out on MTV2 contest on Jan. 15 300 Entertainment, a management... Data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a 10 second spot can as. N.C. a local radio DJ apologized Wednesday after tweeting controversial comments about an openly... Tar Heels, that started early_on in animation flush though he was scheduled to do several shows Baltimore... Of my PA duties if a drag queen is appointed the position of Mr. WSSU unique identifier stored a...
Seattle Airport Map 's Gates, Teel Paragraph Generator, Canterbury Park Clubhouse Seating, Articles W