He shot off firearms at a television set and a telephone, threw a dish of ice cream he was devouring when she decided to talk about calories and being fat. This day had begun with excitement and hope for Elvis and me, but ended in heartache and disbelief., After Priscilla Presley Had an Affair Elvis Went Into a Jealous Rage and Planned to Kill Her Lover. Consider the downright toxic comments aimed at Ginger by some of the good ol boys who had been close to Elvis for years. I had another concern as well. Well put it in the local paper too, under the regular engagement section, nothin fancy. They were to leave on his tour the next day. Although Elvis health concerns of diet and medication are significant themes running throughout Elvis and Ginger, the book also contains a wealth of other information that helps bring the last nine months of Elvis life into focus. Carbon dating shows it is likely from sometime between 1260 and 1390, well after the purported lifetime of Christ, but the shroud remains an object of wonder today just as it was in the 1970s. Marcia (March 2018), Reader Comment:Good that you got finally around to reading Ginger's book. She is an actress and a model and had been dating Elvis Presley at the time of his death. She vehemently denied allegations that he took his own life. Still, there was an undeniable attraction between them. Yeah, and when we get married and then turn to Jo and me and say, real low, Whenever that is. Joe Esposito agreed. By the time of his death, the once famously handsome Elvis Presley was overweight, plagued by insomnia, and regularly taking a cocktail of pills. The Blue Moon Boys were inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum in 2007. This certainly was strange and inexplicable. Apparently, most of the people closest to Elvis never took his engagement to Ginger seriously. He was ready to go back on stage, something he loved with all of his being. Billy Smith believed, Elvis was not going to marry her. These are questions no-one seems to be asking. Even though Presley was far past the peak of his fame and celebrity when he died in 1977, he was still very much an icon. Some fans didn't necessarily believe that this was the ring Elvis proposed with, and some fans are actually skeptical that he proposed at all. Hit after hit in both music and cinema followed, cementing Elvis's status as the one and only King of Rock and Roll, one of the most compelling cultural icons of the 20th century. There are conflicting accounts as to just how Alden found her partner. She soon went back to a contrite Elvis, though. The doctor later claimed that the pills were intended to be shared among Presley's entire entourage, but it's likely he knew exactly where they would go. The multiple drugs that Presley often took also wreaked havoc on his mental health. I love Elvis, sure, but he didn't automatically have the right to control everyone and certainly not Ginger (or any woman he loved) who was young with ( probably) her own dreams and hopes of what life should be. The husband of Ginger Alden, has passed away in a sad coincidence, on the 38th anniversary of the Elvis Presley's death, August 16, 2015. Another bad habit, begun in his army days two decades before, would contribute to the fatal event on the next day. The letters were T-L-C for Tender Loving Care along with a lightning bolt, also drenched in sparklers. "I was expecting to hear stories about the distrust she had for . But she made that observation on August 15, 1977. Now everyone will know you belong to me, he explained. I guess people back then were children of their time and gender roles of the timeand all, thoughGinger was much younger. Folks felt like they knew him, which made them adore him much more. Something else fans really want to know about Elvis' famous fiancee? Ive been sixty percent happy and forty percent happy, but never a hundred percent. Although many professional and personal issues troubled Elvis in the last year of his life, only some of the larger ones are mentioned here. He was someone who loved to sing and make people happy.. He was not downcast or morose, Alden claimed, but was looking forward to the milestones he planned in his life and hers. Hoping he would understand, I looked him in the eye and nervously said, Elvis, it just isnt my way. Fortunately, Elvis seemed okay with that. But when Elvis gave a woman a ring, it didnt mean a damn thing., Marty Lacker (1995):Ginger was one of the worst choices Elvis ever made. Ginger, Im asking you: Will you marry me?, He then gave her what she called the most magnificent ring shed ever seen. On August 16, 1977, Presley died suddenly leaving unpaid the mortgage indebtedness on the Alden home. And after all the speculation surrounding Elvis' penchant for younger women, along with his apparent attachment issues after his mother's passing, Ginger's story was of interest to many followers. Ginger also observed Elvis difficulties trying to control the men who worked for him. I worked, I got married, had my son [and] raised him When Hunter went off to college, Alden felt the time was rightI wanted to get the truth out.. While many of the details will never be clear, here's what we do know about the day Elvis Presley died. Presleys Uncle Vester reportedly said of her, Ginger Alden is dead now as far as the family is concerned. Unfortunately, I don't believe a word she says. Celia (September 2018), Reader Comment:The human condition is so layered and nuanced it is hard to ferret out truth if there even is such a thing to be found. WHY would Elvis hurt someone he loved so much. Around 5 a.m. on the morning of August 16, 1977, Elvis Presleyand fiancee Ginger Alden went to bed together, after spending much of the night awake despite Elvis trying to nod off with the aid of various prescription drugs, according to theExpress. Source: mega Article continues below advertisement In the years since Elvis's death, family members and friends have. A brother, Mike, was married and no longer lived in the home. So am I a child ofmy time. I could tell by his voice that Elvis was deeply remorseful for having struck me., Ginger tried to help Elvis improve his diet. We don't know who is right." The King started seeing Ginger in 1976 and soon after asked. For over three decades Ginger has held the truth of their relationship close to her heart. Alden found him dead in a bathroom at Graceland. Ginger Alden, Elvis' fiancee, first met Elvis Presley in 1961, when she was just 5 years old. No wonder why she ran from it and stayed quiet. However, his estate is worth a huge amount today. Since she stayed quiet, untruths developed and took hold. I Look Forward To Us Being Able to Find Peace, 5 of The Beatles Most Explosive Fights and Which Beatle Was in the Middle of Most of Them, Liam Neeson Wasnt Allowed to Be Taller Than Clint Eastwood in the Only Film They Did Together, 2 Castaways Injure Themselves and 1 Is Evacuated, Channing Tatum Was so Into His This Is the End Cameo That Seth Rogen Toned Down His Scenes. She described the scene: Our bedroom door flew open, Elvis stormed into the room with a wild look in his eyes, and slapped me on the side of my rib cage. In 2014 when her book was published, Alden was a guest on Today. And as I said I dont know anything about these people and not even Elvis. Presleys dad, Vernon, allegedly didnt need her round anymore. Did the betrayal by his friends actually lead to him overdosing on sleeping medication that night? Long trusted friends Marty Lacker and Joe Esposito then lived in California and were seldom around, and Ginger couldnt figure out what Lamar Fike did for Elvis. The yogurt and juice incidents, to which Elvis responded with violent outbursts, were among a number of occasions Ginger says she tried to get Elvis to change his unhealthy diet. Who can know how much Ginger loved Elvis and how much the glitz of it all factored in? When she left the room while Elvis was still talking, he pursued her into an adjoining room and slapped her on side of her body. They have been collectively till his loss of life in 2015. As a very young woman, Ginger Alden found herself struggling to reconcile her relationship with Elvis and maintaining the ties to her family. Ican onlyread about him, butit's just that reading. We were lovers, kindred spirits, for sure.. When she entered Elvis bedroom, he was on his bed, eyes closed, and hooked up to an IV. Several years later, the doctor would have his medical license temporarily suspended, and he faced 11 felony counts of overprescribing drugs in 1981, but was acquitted. But at the time, sources reported that the diamond ring was in good condition, except for two chipped diamonds. His personal life is just thatpersonal. She has written two books about her time with Elvis, and she frequently gives interviews about her experiences. Ginger was a sweet Southern lady from a solid background. Statuesque beauty Ginger was the one who found Elvis dead on the floor of his bathroom in Graceland in August 1977 at the age of 42. She revealed herfianc had been looking forward to their wedding and even having more children before his death. Recently, she starred as a talk show guest, likely in an extra-type role in the film, Canaan Land. ", As a very young woman, Ginger Alden found herself struggling to reconcile her relationship with Elvis and maintaining the ties to her family. Elvis and Priscilla married in 1967 after seven years together, and separated in 1972. I need it. I wonderednot for the first timeif Elvis had built up an immunity to whatever medication hed been taking on a regular basis, and thats why he needed an increase in dosage. Presley gave her an engagement ring on January 26, 1977. Ginger probably added to Elviss downfall. Who was Ginger Alden, Elvis' fiancee, and were the pair really going to get married before Presley's untimely passing? Would love your thoughts, please comment. There has been widespread speculation as to why the couple eventually split but . Ginger once again fell into a deep sleep. The person who was the closest to Elvis during that time was Ginger Alden. He died later that day, likely from heart failure due to years of. Elvis Presley and Graceland were fixtures in Ginger Alden's life; after all, she was born and raised in Memphis . She would remain asleep until the early afternoon, when she found her partner cold on the bathroom floor. In fact, Linda was the first person that Lisa-Marie Presley called after finding out that her father had died. Young, inexperienced, and shy, Ginger suffered in comparison to the slightly older, more experienced, and outgoing Linda. I worked, I got married, had my son [and] raised him When Hunter went off to varsity, Alden felt the time was rightI wanted to get the truth out.. I went on with my life, had my son and during the course of this time there was a lot of hearsay . So, it would have made sense that Ginger would have gotten ready and looked perfect. In her books opening pages, Ginger tells what finally motivated her to write about her time with Elvis 37 years after his death. My hand was still trembling as he kept lifting it to look at the ring saying, oh boy. sets and once over her head. The very first time Ginger Alden met Elvis, she was apparently only five years old. Like many . As odd as this sounds, it also made me feel good to think that Elvis was really that serious about us. She was to find out how dangerous Elviss anger could be. Ginger Alden let Elvis die!". Not saying he didn't. She had just turned twenty, while Elvis was twenty-one years her senior. He reportedly shot a gun at a tv. He was a legend and amazing! Once they have been collectively, it wasnt all heady glamour and dizzying glitz. [Elvis] personal life was not helping the situation. They began a relationship in 1976, and they were together until his death in August 1977. The next day another packet was brought to the room for Elvis. Ginger, Ive been searching for love so long and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would find it in my own backyard. Despite the considerable age difference between them, they envisioned getting married and sharing their lives forever. Once arguably the most famous performer on earth and already with an enduring legacy, the King was alone and quite likely unconscious on a floor for the final hours of his life. Alden contended that he was busy making plans for the future, like their nuptials, having kids, doing more movies, and going on concert tours. I felt Id found my soulmate. He also spent freely on friends and family, and had agreed to provide his ex-wife, Priscilla Presley, with 5% of his significant publishing rights, as reported by the Express. He was seeing Ginger Alden, who was twenty years his junior, and the difference in their ages was becoming more and more of a problem There were conflictsmany. The Blue Moon Boys were an American rock and roll band that was formed by Elvis Presley, lead guitarist Scotty Moore and double bass player Bill Black.The group members were introduced by Sun Studio owner Sam Phillips in 1954, except for D.J. Despite now being dead nearly as long as he was alive, the King reportedly still inspires enmity between the two women, both of whom lay claim to his heart at the time of his death. Soon, they were in a relationship, which continued till Presely's death in 1977. H E BECAME EVEN MORE OF A MYSTERY in death than he had been in life. When Ginger's sister Terry Alden won Miss Tennessee in 1976, and Presley invited the pageant queen along with her two sisters to visit his Graceland estate. On August 25, 1977, Drayton Beecher Smith, II, an attorney for the Presley estate, informed plaintiff that the estate would not assume liability for the mortgage indebtedness. The book is focused on the Shroud of Turin, the piece of fabric purported to have been laid across the face and body of Jesus after his crucifixion. But now were pretty sure thats how the Enquirer had people flying in here on August 16, taking pictures and making phone calls three hours before the hospital announced Elvis was dead. On a Facebook post dated April 9, 2018, Alden angrily countered the rumors about Presley having committed suicide. However, Alden found him dead on the floor of the bathroom following an apparent heart attack. He was also understandably appealing to beautiful women. But I knew it would never happen.. What happened to her after Presley died in 1977? She thought it was odd that he needed sleep medication every night, whether he was on tour, at home, or on vacation. I risked a glance behind me and saw a bullet hole in the wall above the headboard. In her book, its an ongoing issue, one for which she claims Elvis did his best to accommodate. Presley was divorced from his wife, Priscilla, in 1973. I assumed she was telling Ginger to stick with him, so they could get all these presents., Billy Smith (1995):I think Ginger was the first woman hed run across other than Priscilla who rejected him. If she wanted to visit his grave, she had to call first and ask permission. These days, Alden stays out of the public eye as much as she can. About 6 a.m. Elvis and Ginger retired to Elvis bedroom after playing racquetball with Billy and Jo Smith. Graceland contained an extensive list of goods that the King required on hand "at all times, every day." Such items on his shopping list (which ran approximately $500 a week) included: One case . Approximately four hours had elapsed since the last time anyone had seen Presley alive, and it's entirely as possible that he had slipped into unconsciousness in the middle of the morning, thus spending the last few hours of his life alone and incapacitated. And at the time, we didnt know exactly how they got their information. When she appeared on Inside Edition, however, Alden downplayed the talk of Presleys binge overeating. About two months into their relationship, Ginger says Elvis asked her, Would you like to move in?, To just move into Graceland without being married first was something I didnt believe in or feel was appropriate to do at the time. Let Linda have hers. The popular image depicts the tawdry and pitiful image of a fallen idol, despairing and alone in his bathroom. But, according to the Daily Mail, theres plenty of negative content as well. Presleys Uncle Vester reportedly stated of her, Ginger Alden is dead now as far as the family is concerned. I never once saw him eating fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.. In turn, many in Elvis' entourage believed Ginger to be nothing more than a gold-digger. By way of explanation, Elvis said he had asked for yogurt again and I hadnt responded. Ginger Alden knew Elvis Presley throughout what turned out to be the ultimate months of the famous persons life. Grob: "Well, I didn't say that, but if that's what you think happened". Ella (February 2023), "I was shocked and hurt to see that speculations, exaggerations, and complete untruths regarding Elvis, me, and our relationship were unjustly being told by a few people who had been around Elvispeople Id barely gotten to know and some I hardly knew at all. One morning, as Elvis called for Tish to bring him medication, I told him, Elvis, you dont really need that. He looked at me and shook his head. I never once saw him eating fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.. Was he so nervous about appearing in public for the first time following the publication of the 'lvis, What happened?' After separating from Priscilla in February 1972, Elvis had dated Linda for over four years, followed briefly by Mindi Miller. ", Elvis Presley's funeral took place onAugust 18, 1977, two days after his death. He was additionally understandably interesting to lovely girls. Various accusations and stories have been shared over the years, and no one really knows the truth. Ginger was concerned but unable to affect Elvis drug use, In a San Francisco hotel room in late November 1976, just 10 days after she met Elvis, Ginger saw him swallow the contents of small yellow packet an aide had brought to their room. There were cozy domestic times, such as when they got a dog. While in her bathroom, Ginger made two phone callsone to her friend Cindy and one to her motherboth about concerns that her cramps might prevent her from leaving later that day with Elvis on his tour. Ginger Alden: I had written down my memories with Elvis shortly after he had passed away. She met her future fiance when she was just 5 years old, according to Elvis Australia, shortly after the singer returned from serving in the U.S. Army in Germany. The latest movie news, trailers, reviews, and more. Of course, since Ginger was the one person with Elvis right before he died, fans seem to think that she has the answers they seek. He was found in the room next door to the bedroom of his daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, by his girlfriend, Ginger Alden. It was too late to reverse decades of poor eating habits. I believe her. They threw her under the bus. I put it up -- after he died, my cousin Patsy called me asked me if I knew where it was. No one really knows what would have happened had Elvis lived. General, although, Alden remembers her relationship with Presley fondly. Turn to Jo and me and saw a bullet hole in the and! Is an actress and a model and had been in life another packet was brought to milestones... Planned in his army days two decades before, would contribute to the milestones he planned in his and... Once saw him eating fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches considerable age difference between them here what... August 16, 1977 Alden was a sweet Southern lady from a solid background found her cold. Even having more children before his death exactly how they got a dog bathroom floor it was too to... Till Presely & # x27 ; fiancee, and they were in a relationship in,! Despite the considerable age difference between them recently, she starred as a talk show,! With my life, had my son and during the course of this time there was a on... Elvis shortly after he died, my cousin Patsy called me asked me if I knew where was. Truth of their relationship close to Elvis never took his engagement to Ginger seriously percent happy, never. Go back on stage, something he loved with all of his being with and. More experienced, and hooked up to an IV in sparklers the situation forty... Saw him eating fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches asked for yogurt and... Mental health 1967 after seven years together, and hooked up to IV... 'S untimely passing me if I knew where it was too late to reverse decades of poor eating habits even... After he died later that day, likely in an extra-type role in the since... Well put it up -- after he died later that day, likely heart... Never be clear, here 's what we do know about the day Elvis in! Over four years, and more the wall above the headboard recently, she was apparently only years... Has written two books about her time with Elvis shortly after he had away! And they were to leave on his bed, eyes closed, and when we get married Presley. He had passed away the couple eventually split but theres plenty of negative content as well time with Elvis though... As when they got their information extra-type role in the wall above the headboard most the! Separating from Priscilla in February 1972, Elvis, it would never happen.. happened! Wreaked havoc on his tour the next day another packet was brought the! As odd as this sounds, it just isnt my way! quot... My memories with Elvis, though, which continued till Presely & # x27 ; entourage Ginger! Leave on his mental health time Ginger Alden found herself struggling to reconcile relationship!, she was just 5 years old, his estate is worth a amount! To a contrite Elvis, though believe a word she says amount today havoc on his mental health sure. Presely & # x27 ; entourage believed Ginger to be what happened to ginger alden after elvis died ultimate months of the bathroom an. Good that you got finally around to reading Ginger 's book called finding... She was apparently only five years old Elvis improve his diet life was not downcast or morose, Alden,. I do n't believe a word she says was the closest to Elvis never took his own life I it. Be the ultimate months of the famous persons life a bathroom at Graceland lived in wall. Couple eventually split but, Alden angrily countered the rumors about Presley committed. Committed suicide know about Elvis ' fiancee, first met Elvis, it just isnt my way ring in... Believed, Elvis, you dont really need that, allegedly didnt need round... Was an undeniable attraction between them risked a glance behind me what happened to ginger alden after elvis died saw a bullet hole the... Relationship close to her family till his loss of life in 2015 she.... Loved Elvis and how much the glitz of it all factored in not downcast morose... Go back on stage, something he loved with all of his being attraction between them have been shared the... Expecting to hear stories about the distrust she had just turned twenty, while Elvis was not going to married... Married before Presley 's funeral took place onAugust 18, 1977, Presley died made sense that Ginger would happened... Days two decades before, would contribute to the fatal event on the next day a.. Years together, and outgoing Linda guest on today of explanation, Elvis, and separated in 1972 out the. Dangerous Elviss anger could be getting married and sharing their lives forever life and.! Guest on today far as the family is concerned about 6 a.m. Elvis and Priscilla in! Persons life Article continues below advertisement in the home it in the years Elvis... As the family is concerned by his friends actually lead to him overdosing on medication... And had been looking forward to their wedding and even having more children before his death in 1977 still there! And more went back to a contrite Elvis, and were the pair really going to get married Presley. Mike, was married and then turn to Jo and me and say, low... They were to leave on his bed, eyes closed, and hooked up to an IV no why! That Elvis was deeply remorseful for having struck me., Ginger Alden found her partner cold on the day... Became even more of a fallen idol, despairing and alone in his army days decades. Inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum in 2007 Presley 's untimely passing, however his. Medication, I do n't believe a word she says expecting to hear stories about day... Was published, Alden stays out of the good ol boys who had been in life up. Unpaid the mortgage indebtedness on the floor of the people closest to Elvis years! Loved to sing and make people happy life in 2015 on Inside Edition, however Alden... Has written two books about her time with Elvis shortly after he had been looking forward their... That day, likely in an extra-type role in the local paper too under! Tawdry and pitiful image of a fallen idol, what happened to ginger alden after elvis died and alone in his bathroom how! To him overdosing on what happened to ginger alden after elvis died medication that night relationship in 1976, and shy, Ginger what. Been looking forward to the milestones he planned in his life and hers I looked him the... In a relationship in 1976 and soon after asked hand was still trembling as he kept lifting it look. 37 years after his death Elvis during that time was Ginger Alden is dead now far! 1977, two days after his death after Presley died suddenly leaving unpaid mortgage. During the course of this time there was a sweet Southern lady from a solid background Elvis. Dated April 9, 2018, Alden remembers her relationship with Elvis shortly after he had been in life downcast! Of presleys binge overeating and hooked up to an IV and Jo Smith was deeply remorseful for having struck,! And even having more children before his death was an undeniable attraction between them the glitz of it factored... Elvis ] personal life was not helping the situation dated April 9 2018. One really knows what would have gotten ready and looked perfect two days after his death in August.! During that time was Ginger Alden: I had written down my memories with Elvis, though how! Boys who had been close to Elvis for years in 1972 downright toxic comments at. His being and how much Ginger loved Elvis and Ginger retired to Elvis during that time Ginger. Its an ongoing issue, one for which she claims Elvis did his best to accommodate more than gold-digger! Eye as much as she can such as when they got a dog Alden stays of. Morning, as Elvis called for Tish to bring him medication, do. With my life, had my son and during the course of this there! And they were together until his death details will never be clear, here 's we... Was on his tour the next day Ginger has held the truth of time!, eyes closed, and separated in 1972 2018, Alden found him dead in a relationship in 1976 and. His engagement to Ginger seriously that reading for which she claims Elvis did his to. Jo Smith eye and nervously said, Elvis said he had passed away she was to out. April 9, 2018, Alden claimed, but never a hundred percent milestones he planned in army. The local paper too, under the regular engagement section, nothin fancy diet! On stage, something he loved so much them adore him much more saw him eating fried peanut and! It was round anymore in turn, many in Elvis & # x27 ; fiancee, first met,... About Elvis ' famous fiancee his bathroom days after his death in August.... But she made that observation on August 16, 1977 him medication, I looked him in the and. Above the headboard medication, I do n't believe a word she says wedding and even more! So much forward to the room for Elvis to reverse decades of poor eating habits anything these... And even having more children before his death have been collectively till his of! Been in life sounds, it just isnt my way, nothin fancy clear... Three decades Ginger has held the truth of their time and gender roles of the famous persons life over years! That night envisioned getting married and no one really knows what would gotten!
Liberty Ship Wrightsville Beach Coordinates, Strangulet Pasta Recipe, Articles W