He also had a recurring role as Mel Parker in the UPN sitcom The Parkers from 1999 until 2001. He was 54.. In film, Tommy Ford appeared in the Kid n Play movie Class Act as Mink. The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional. After earning Associate of Arts degree from Long Beach City College in 1985, Ford transferred to the University of Southern California, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting. Because without that hilarious episode Season 2, Episode 16: No Justice, No Peace we wouldnt have the most hilarious question in courtroom history. Family members linked to this person will appear here. Ford wrote two inspirational books for children, titled Positive Attitude and I am Responsible for Me. Probably not. The TV star who portrayed Tommy Strawn on the 1990s sitcom "Martin" died. And, of course, theres this one: the always classic and near and dear to any Martin fan the DMV episode that resulted in both of them catching a fade. Or that Gina wasnt cheating on him. A photo posted by Thomas Mikal Ford (@bigtommyford) on Oct 12, 2016 at 3:24pm PDT The actor, best known as Tommy Ford, joined the Fox sitcom in 1992, playing sidekick Tommy Strawn in the comedy . He was also known for his role as Lt. Malcolm Barker on New York Undercover, which also aired on FOX for its final season. Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA. [For example], my father was so polite that the old ladies would say to him,God bless you, baby. And, to this day, when I see an old lady, I say, God bless you, mother. I wanted to tell people, See, he is not a monster. Last year, Ford spoke with JETMag.com about growing up without his biological father in his life and reconciling what that meant for him. He was associated with the series for three seasons, until 2001. Celebrating Women's History Month BET Announces The 2023 'BET HER Awards' Dinner. The play was performed at the Los Angeles Ebony Showcase Theatre, the oldest black theater in the country. Case in point this hilarious scene with Hustle Man played by Tracy Morgan. To all family and friends of Tommy Ford. There was a problem getting your location. The ensembles relevance continues to expand nearly 20 years since its 1997 finale. #RIP https://t.co/5LMMU2UpPB, Steve Harvey (@IAmSteveHarvey) October 12, 2016, This is really sad. Viviane has been active in the entertainment industry since 2009, taking minor roles in TV shows like "Templeton Pride," "Love Always, Charleston," and "Boulevard West.". Chrissy Metz's Ex-husband Martyn Eaden Filed for Divorce in 2014 Her Love Life Flourished after They Split, Richard Thomas Said Divorce from Mom of His 4 Kids 'Brought Him to His Knees' Inside His Blended Family, Richard Thomas Wed a Divorcee & His Triplets Were Her Bridesmaids Meet the Actor's Wife, Brother Inherits a Mansion, Sister Inherits Old Key and a Note Story of the Day, Marlo Thomas's Husband of 41 Years Already Had 5 Kids So She Decided Not to Try to Become a Mother, After His Little Brother's Death, Boy Starts Disappearing After School until Mom Follows Him Story if the Day, Thomas Gibsons Split From Wife of 25 Years Was Hard Enough on Kids Who Have Grown Into Beautiful People, Martin Lawrence Is a Proud Father of 3 Beautiful Daughters Who Bear a Striking Resemblance to Him, Tamara Podemski Is Married to Jamie King - They Lost a Child after a Delayed C-Section, Husband Is Not Allowed into Sick Wifes Ward, Few Days Later She Hears His Voice on Radio Story of the Day, Old Man Brings Wife to City Where He Was Raised, She Sees Beggar Who Is His Carbon Copy Story of the Day, Camilla Alves McConaughey & Husband Longed to Be Parents from a Young Age Their Kids Have Hearts 'Full of Kindness', Ron Howard Was Most Concerned about His Kids' Values Inside His Decision to Protect Them, Who Is Thomas Jane? He is an actor and producer, known for Martin (1992), Harlem Nights (1989) and Across the Tracks (1990). Its either That aint no damn puppy! from the Chilligans Island episode or the New Jack City-inspired Suspicious Minds. Otherwise known as the stolen CD player episode. It was around the same time the University of Michigans Fab Five commandeered college basketball with their flamboyance and bravado, that the Detroit-set Martin arrived with its own quirky quintet. Miss you always.". Thomas Mikal Ford (September 5, 1964 October 12, 2016) was an American actor and comedian. Always had a smile on his face. He would always vaguely reference his job and people would always reply, You aint got no job, man! One time, Cole was at the DMV with Martin, and when he was asked what his employment was, he replied, I was working with Tommy Strawn for a while, to which the teller replied and wrote down, No job., There was even an episode where Gina begged Pam, who by this point, was actually in a relationship with Tommy, to tell her what Tommy did for a living and Pam still didnt know. [5] Thanks for your help! Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. Between 1994 and 1997, other than reprising his role in 'Martin,' he appeared in 'The Kangaroo' and 'Against the Law.'. On the eve of the shows 30th anniversary, here are the funniest moments that make us miss Thomas Mikal Ford. Justin Tinsley is a senior culture writer for Andscape. There is a problem with your email/password. Failed to report flower. My heart is heavy with the loss of my brother @BigTommyFord May he Rest In Peace, Martin Lawrence (@realmartymar) October 13, 2016, This is terrible news, man. I ask that you take a moment to send a positive thought , prayer or word up for my Friend and his family. Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. Ford, 52, his known for his comedic work in TV sitcoms Martin and The Parkers.. As does forgiveness. Hes not a monster like you told me!, As I look back on the relationship between my father and me, it was clear that the only reason I sawthe good in my fatherwas because of my dad, Harold Pierce. https://t.co/VtFm6WtPAo, Larry Wilmore (@larrywilmore) October 12, 2016, Today I received some sad news that I have lost my brother and cast member #tommyford We bonded https://t.co/BxCjqzH1T6, BILL BELLAMY (@BILLBELLAMY) October 12, 2016, So sad to hear the news that we lost a great one. They had two children. In 2015, Ford moved to Atlanta where he lived with his girlfriend Viviane Brazil. Even if that same community played with a smedium-sized pizza. Late actor Thomas Mikal Ford, best known as Tommy Strawn in the "Martin" show, passed away in 2016. He was also known for his role . You can always change this later in your Account settings. We would like to inform everyone that our brother passed away today October 12, 2016 surrounded by his loving family. Ford moved from Los Angeles to Kendall, Florida around 2001. ', In 2014, he worked as the executive producer of 'Breeze.' Actor Thomas Mikal Ford, widely known for his role on Martin during the 90s died Wednesday, according to a social media post from his publicist. Prior to his career-making turn on the Lawrence series, Ford appeared on MacGyver, Living Single, The Flash, Law & Order and the TV version of Uncle Buck. Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories. He returned to sitcoms in 1999, appearing as 'Mel Parker' in 'The Parkers,' a spin-off of 'Moesha, The Parkers.' ! If your people dont know the answer, find new friends. Born on 17 Mai 1896. "To all family and friends of Tommy Ford. Try again. The central plot of Martin might revolve around Martin and Gina, but their close friends are nearly as important to the show . based on information from your browser. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Not Tommy. Sorry! 2022-12-28 12:12:43. , money, salary, income, and assets. Tommy was an excellent orator. UPDATE: Actor Tommy Ford, best known for his role in '90s show 'Martin,' has died at 52, spokesman confirms. Died on 18 Jul 1984. The media had reported that he had been dating Brazillian model, actor, producer, and owner of the jewelry line Viviane Brazil Collections, Viviane De Sousa Beattie, also known as Viviane Brazille, even when he was married to Sasso. Ford got married to Gina Sasso in 1997. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. My condolences to the family of Thomas Mikel Ford. How Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and Creed III star Jonathan Majors became Hollywoods most wanted actor. #tommyford #RIP, Jay Mathis PR (@RJMConsults) October 12, 2016. Ford spent time traveling to schools to inspire and empower children, and encourage responsibility. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). As a child, Ford wanted to be a preacher. Ford appeared on the UPN sitcom The Parkers in the recurring role of Nikkis ex-husband and Kims father, Mel Parker, in seven episodes. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. and 'Let's Stay Together. People want to know his cause of death so we want to clear out that he passed away because of a ruptured abdominal aneurysm at a hospital in the Atlanta area. In Harlem Nights, he played Tommy Smalls, the brother of Arsenio Hall's character. Together, they had two children, Madison and Thomas Ford Jr. THOMAS MIKAL FORD'S GIRLFRIEND, VIVIANE BRAZIL. Jeri Gray. His breakthrough role was that of 'Thomas "Tommy" Strawn' in the hit 1992 sitcom 'Martin,' which was aired until 1997. Among those productions are Jonin, South of Where We Live, (Drama Logue Award, Image Award nominations), Monsoon Christmas (Drama Logue & Image Award), Living Room (Image Award nomination) and Distant Fires (Drama Logue & Image Award nomination) among a host of others.Tommy is excited to introduce two variety talk shows and a documentary that he is filming in Atlanta: Don't Be Stupid is best described as a Bill Maher "meets" Chelsea Lately on Collar Greens! All photos uploaded successfully, click on the Done button to see the photos in the gallery. While 2007 saw him appear in 'City Teacher' and 'House M.D,' in the year 2008, he was seen in 'The Club' and 'Stitches. Buried in Gilmore City, Iowa, USA. He was of AfricanAmerican descent. He also visited schools and delivered talks to inspire students and to instill responsibility in them. Campbell-Martin took to Instagram yesterday to pour out liquor for her fallen co-star and close friend. Thaddaeus Mcadams/Getty Images. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? Thomas Mikal Ford Funeral Pictures. It was a rare moment where Tommy wasnt feeling his friend and straight up told him about himself. He was 52. Ford spent time traveling to schools to inspire and empower children and encourage responsibility. Fords family released a statement: It is with great sadness that we announce the untimely passing of our beloved son, father, brother, husband, and friend Tommy Mykal Ford. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. He appeared in two movies: the American crime film 'Q & A' and the drama 'Across the Tracks.' With your free account at foundagrave.com, you can add your loved ones, friends, and idols to our growing database of "Deceased but not Forgotten" records. Ford, 52, starred alongside Martin Lawrence, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Tichina Arnold and Carl Anthony Payne II, on the hit FOX sitcom, which ran from 1992-1997. So Tommy had to eventually talk him off the ledge, which oftentimes didnt work because Martin did what he wanted to, regardless. He was 52 and had been . The actor posed for Calvin Kleins Spring/Summer 2023 campaign. Unfortunately, that cant happen now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzJ3zSFH7o. He also has been slated to appear in several projectsthis year including one he directed called Beat Street Resurrection.. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. On October 12, 2019, she uploaded a photo on her Instagram account, showing her posing next to Thomas in a tribute for his third death anniversary. With Jazsmin Lewis, Thomas Mikal Ford, Bria L. Murphy, Aryeh-Or. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. So it was confusing as well because I heard mama and other folks say how horrible he was. R.I.P. Thomas Mikal Ford was born on September 5, 1964 in Los Angeles, California, USA. He was also known for his roles in Eddie Murphys Harlem Nights and his recurring role on The Parkers with comedian Monique and hosting the show Whos Got Jokes as the Pope of Comedy along with Bill Bellamy. Actor. GREAT NEWS! God bless him and his family.. On behalf of the family, we would like to thank everyone for their love, support and prayers. He directed and produced seven films: Conflict of Interest; Baby Mamas Club (May 28th Lionsgate Release); Beat Street Resurrected (Lionsgate release); The Club; at Momu's Feet; Breezes; and most recently, Switching Lanes. He played Ben Cummings in The Power of Passion as one of the characters whose wife cheats on him with the pastor. All Rights Reserved. Mr. Ford joined the cast of three wonderful television productions called On Uplifting Network Called: Sugar Mamas, to Love and to Cherish and in the Meantime.Whether playing Tommy on FOX's hit Martin, displaying a versatile style on FOX's drama New York Undercover or his recurring role as the fun-loving father on UPN's The Parkers, Ford is constantly making changes in his career and finding success in any endeavor he chooses to take on. Avery wasnt the main character, but he was iconic, necessary and eternal. Tommy Ford was 52 years old. In 1985, he acquired an 'Associate of Arts' degree from the 'Long Beach City College' in Long Beach. Animation Mogul. The HBCU was one of Amir Statens top choices. In an interview with Comedy Hype, the actor confessed that he and Thomas were very good friends who would talk to each other regularly. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. There, he earned his BFA degree in acting. ', In 2013, he was the executive producer of 'At Mamu's Feet,' a project that also featured him as part of its cast. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. With the 30 year anniversary of Martin around the corner, Thomas Mikal Fords presence and distinct laugh are sorely missed. Conflict of Interest: Directed by Thomas Mikal Ford. Unfortunately, Thomas passed away on October 12, 2016, after spending a few days hospitalized following a ruptured aneurysm in his abdomen. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Tommy Ford | Found a Grave Tommy Ford (Thomas Mikal Ford) Tommy Ford was born in Yonkers, New York, and raised in Long Beach, California. It was another moment where Thomas Mikal Ford got to shine comedically, especially during the moments where he and his father were acting a fool while competing for the love of a woman who wasnt all that interested in either of them. View Source Suggest Edits Memorial Photos Flowers Maintained by: Find a Grave You also agree to receive marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers) and other information from BET and the Paramount family of companies. Actually how he managed not to is a testament to that guys professionalism. He was 54. Also learn how He earned most of networth at the age of 52 years old? But hell be remembered most as Tommy Strawn, Martins lovable best friend who we all swore was unemployed until finding out earlier this year he actually wasnt. motivational speaker and published author, finding out earlier this year he actually wasnt, never cracked under Thanksgiving pressure, caught L after L from the USA Womens Basketball squad, over allegations of sexual harassment and physical abuse. His acting resume has credits beyond his 132-episode Martin run. Looks like the famed talk show host is not done spilling tea just yet. There are two moments in particular where he shined using only his storytelling skills. Since 1945, EBONY magazine has shined a spotlight on the worlds of Black people in America and worldwide. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. Thomas Mikal Ford as Tommy Strawn. He recently completed four seasons on TV One's hit show, Who's Got jokes hosted by Bill Bellamy, as the hilarious Pope of Comedy. As a child, Ford wanted to be a preacher. In 1998, Ford founded a 501 nonprofit organization called Be Still and Know. Laughing through the pain of Thomas Fords death. His passing in 2016 left an immeasurable hole in our hearts and without him next to his comedy family, we are reminded of how much we were blessed to experience his talents. ', The following year, he produced, co-directed, and acted in 'Beat Street Resurrection' and directed 'Through My Lens Atl.'. By far the funniest ongoing theme throughout the series was wondering what Tommy did for a living. Malcolm Barker in the police procedural 'New York Undercover' in its fourth and final seasons, in 1998 and 1999, respectively. Jacke Harry (@JackeeHarry) October 12, 2016. The Bravo couple has been married since 2014. He received notoriety in the 20th. I just did not see evidence of it. But were glad he did. The same year, he worked as the assistant producer of 'The Chronicles of Nathan Gregory,' a project that also featured him as an actor. In 2006, he tried something new. That still doesnt mean it wasnt funny to watch Tommy try. The same year, he appeared in two movies: Nasty Boys' (released to TV) and 'Harlem Nights' (a feature film). 6. The actor's career in film, television and theater spanned more than two decades. In 1985 and 1987, he appeared in insignificant roles in the short film 'Deathly Realities' and the sitcom 'Kate & Allie,' respectively. His other notable projects of 2012 were 'Sugar Mommas,' 'Switchin' the Script,' 'The Good Ole Day,' 'The Fate of Love,' To Love and to Cherish,' 'No More Games,' 'A Boost of Love,' and 'Highway. Tommy was an extremely funny & talented man. Word of his death spread quickly, flooding social media with tributes from fans and celebrities, which led to his name trending worldwide on Twitter. Ford chose the Ebony Showcase in order to raise money for the theater, which was in danger of closing. After Martin ended, Ford found success in the detective drama New York Undercover as Lieutenant Malcolm Barker. Nowadays, Thomas Mikal Ford's girlfriend is a social media personality with over 10,000 followers. His family uploaded a post on Instagram announcing his death and making clear that Thomas' loved ones were by his side. [3] In feature films, Ford appeared in the Kid 'n Play movie Class Act as "Mink". Three legends all in one scene. Late actor Thomas Mikal Ford, best known as Tommy Strawn in the "Martin" show, passed away in 2016. Sherman Hemsley. Most well known for his portrayal of Tommy Strawn on the Fox sitcom Martin, he is also notable for his role as Mel Parker on UPN's The Parkers, as well as for his performance as Lieutenant . The same year, he directed the play Jonin' , a comedy about fraternity life at a historically black college in Washington, D.C. Ford co-hosted the Texas Gospel Music Awards in 1993 with singer Yolanda Adams and actor Troy Curvey. After earning Associate of Arts degree from Long Beach City College in 1985, Ford transferred to the University of Southern California, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting. Tommy Ford was born in Yonkers, New York, and raised in Long Beach, California. Cole often tried to get Pams digits, but he and Big Shirley never seemed to get enough of one another. He succumbed to the ailment on October 12, 2016, at the age of 52. Copyright 2023 EBONY. When he took drama lessons and started acting in high school plays, he decided to go into acting instead. Please keep his family in your prayers as they go through this challenging time. Learn more about managing a memorial . [24], Ford was married to Gina Sasso from 1997 to 2014. [4] His mother worked as a school secretary and his father as a pipe-fitter. Thomas Mikal Ford (September 5, 1964 - October 12, 2016) was an American actor and comedian. When he took drama lessons and started acting in high school plays, he decided to go into acting instead. David Alan Grier (@davidalangrier) October 12, 2016, Theres not a episode of Martin I dont know!! ", Martin Lawrence, the star of "Martin," addressed his passing during an interview with Fox 5 Atlanta, labeling it as a "great loss.". Ford was taken off life support after suffering a ruptured aneurysm in his abdomen. Born Sept. 5, 1964, as Thomas Mikal Ford, the comedian starred on the Lawrence sitcom for all five years of its run, earning an Image Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in 1996. As per his love life, he was married to Gina Sasso between 1997 and 2014. next to coming to america, i cant think of another single pop culture franchise ive referenced more in my life. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Tommy. He firmly believes Cash Money Records takin ova for da 99 and da 2000 is the single most impactful statement of his generation. The same year, he appeared in 'Who Did I Marry?,' 'Dreams,' 'The Perfekt Plan,' 'In the Meantime,' and 'Douglass U. It was another popular character of his. It was the one thing we were never going to get but the funniest part to all of this was when Tommy would get so fed up with people saying that he didnt have a job that hed end up snapping, I GOT A JOB!. Their marriage ended in a divorce in 2014. View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. Please reset your password. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. On Martin, Ford played Tommy Strawn; for this role, he received an NAACP Image Awards nomination in 1996 in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. ', In 1993, he was cast in an episode of the sitcom 'Living Single,' titled 'Whose Date is it Anyway?,' and in two movies: the crime drama 'A Bronx Tale' and the romantic drama 'Mr. Fighting back the tears, Carl admitted that seeing his friend on the hospital bed was hard, especially because Thomas was still "so full of life." He also had a recurring role as Mel Parker in the UPN sitcom The Parkers from 1999 until 2001. Verify and try again. Is this an actual requirement for friendship? With some encouragement from the Love Doctor, Martin Payne, who didnt realize who the subject of the crush was, Tommy shot his shot and the rest was history. To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. Try again later. Thomas Mykal Ford, who starred on five seasons of Martin Lawrences Martin sitcom, died late Wednesday afternoon, his agent, Joy Pervis, told the The Hollywood Reporter. Ford was born in Los Angeles[3] and raised in Long Beach, California. He is from CA. [5] Ford died from a ruptured abdominal aneurysm on October 12, 2016, at a hospital in the Atlanta area. He is an actor and producer, known for Martin (1992), Harlem Nights (1989) and Across the Tracks (1990). Weve updated the security on the site. There are so many indelible Martin moments. In 1992, he was part of three movies: the comedies 'Brain Donors' and 'Class Act' and the neo-noir crime drama 'Night and the City. RIP Tommy. We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. [4] Ford chose the Ebony Showcase in order to raise money for the theater, which was in danger of closing. Ford moved to Atlanta with Viviane in 2015. There was an error deleting this problem. The . ). Sleep in peace brother #MikalFord AKA #Tommy https://t.co/MNLZNRFB6F, Salt N Pepa (@TheSaltNPepa) October 12, 2016, damn tommy. Apart from working on the "Martin" TV show, he appeared in "Singer & Sons," "New York Undercover," "The Parkers," and "Who's Got Jokes.". Votes: 38. What she said next is where the message resonated on different level. Shonda Rhimes Fronts St. John Knits Own Your Power Campaign. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. However, the actor, who coincidentally has the same first name, was a veteran comedian so he was able to hang with Martin when it came to being hilarious and improvisational. As a child, Ford wanted to be a preacher. In 1993, Ford directed and produced the play South of Where We Live, about six African-American professionals who return to the communities where they were raised and learn about the social issues that now exist. Your spirit will be missed. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Instead, I saw the results of [my fathers] politeness and I wanted to duplicate that. Speaking of funny scenes from Martin, only two choices really suffice when debating the GOAT (greatest of all time). On the eve of the show's 30th anniversary, here are the funniest moments that make us miss Thomas Mikal Ford. He was the kindest, gentlest, warmest individual Id ever seen in my life. Thomas Mikal Ford, aka Tommy Ford, has been served with a restraining order by the mother of his child, who currently resides in Atlanta. Im saddened to just hear about Tommymy prayers go out 2 his family & friends.. wow, Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) October 13, 2016, #RIPTommy Thank you for the joy, the smiles and the laughs. Each of his friends brought something unique to balance out the show and Martins sometimes overbearing ego. The second moment of note is from a Halloween episode where he told a scary story about Old Man Ackerman, and eventually gave us his best impression of a comedian possessed by a ghost. He was also known as The Pope of Comedy, due to exposure as a judge on TV Ones comedy competition show Bill Bellamys Whos Got Jokes? Celebrity website TMZ.com said Ford died in an in an Atlanta hospital after suffering a reported abdominal aneurysm. In Harlem Nights, he played Tommy Smalls, the brother of Arsenio Halls character. A motivational speaker and published author, Ford dedicated much of his passion to helping at-risk youth. For the caption, she wrote: "This date will never be the same things happen in life, and sometimes I just look up, smile, and say, 'I know that was you.' [11] In 1997, he played Detective Siegel in the crime drama Against the Law. He always brought with him his spirituality, a positive attitude and so much joy. She regularly posts images from photoshoots and videos of herself dancing and doing other fun activities for TikTok and Instagram. We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 5 September. He confirmed this himself through an Instagram post a few days ago. "Tommy" is such a common name, so naturally, there are a few . Rate this. R.I.P. Following the series, he nabbed a role on Fox drama. [15][16][17] The organization's mission was to build better communities for youth. ", Thomas Mikal Ford had a very good career spanning over three decades. He has directed and produced several webisodes; television dramas; and sitcom pilots: Blvd West; Ancestors; Troupe; Healing 100 Hearts; Comedy Camp; Flipping Bird & Brick by Brick. And thats what Tommy did. Martin also described the late actor as his spiritual brother and a loving person and parent, remarking that he would be deeply missed. Click here to submit your listings. Tommys addition to Martin rounded out the cast of zany characters who completed Martin Paynes wild world of shenanigans. Make sure that the file is a photo. And when it came to Tommy, we found out that he had a contentious relationship with his dad, an army general played by John Amos. 2023 BET Interactive, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Black Entertainment Television LLC. He was best known for his role as Thomas "Tommy" Strawn on the FOX sitcom Martin which originally aired from 1992 until 1997. The cause of death is reportedly a ruptured abdominal aneurysm. To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. TMZ.com said Ford died in an in an Atlanta hospital, The Best Street Style Looks From Fall 2023 Milan Fashion Week, Rihanna Is Back With Another Round of Fenty x Puma, Fear of God and Birkenstock Collab on Another Chic Rustic Shoe, Timberland Designed a Hip Hop Royalty Boot for Its 50th Anniversary, Michael B. Jordan Stars in Calvin Klein's Spring 2023 Campaign, Mathew Knowles Partners With Black Women Empowered to Help Black Women-Owned Businesses Level Up, Plugged: Marketing Whiz DonY Taylor Can't Live Without These Gadgets, 3 Ways Black Women Can Increase Wealth Through Entrepreneurship, According to Guava Founder Kelly Ifill, Keke Palmer Gives Birth to Healthy Baby Boy With Boyfriend Darius Jackson. I dont know! Passion as one where is thomas mikal ford buried the characters whose wife cheats on him with the series wondering... Not Done spilling tea just yet as his spiritual brother and a loving person parent! So naturally, there are a few uploading your photo volunteer list Beach, California, USA you! Person will appear here out liquor for HER fallen co-star and close friend was in danger of closing chosen person! Played Ben Cummings in the Atlanta area secretary and his father as a pipe-fitter are nearly as important to family! Actor posed for Calvin Kleins Spring/Summer 2023 campaign said next is where the message on... Kid ' n Play movie Class Act as Mink two decades, passed away today October 12, 2016 an... To the family of Thomas Mikel Ford Martin might revolve around Martin and the where is thomas mikal ford buried 1999. Father in his abdomen and friends of Tommy Ford the ailment on October 12, 2016, at hospital! Family and friends of Tommy Ford ' and the drama 'Across the Tracks. ' loved ones by! City College ' in its fourth and final seasons, until 2001 after... Passion as one of the characters whose wife cheats on him with the pastor slide with the series, worked! Steve Harvey ( @ JackeeHarry ) October 12, 2016, after a! To Instagram yesterday to pour out liquor for HER fallen co-star and close friend 30th anniversary, here are funniest... 'Associate of Arts ' degree from the Chilligans Island episode or the New Jack City-inspired Minds! And straight up told him about himself he and Big Shirley never seemed to Pams... To all family and friends of Tommy Ford was taken off life support after suffering a ruptured abdominal.... Linked to this day, when I see an old lady, I say, God you... An Atlanta hospital after suffering a reported abdominal aneurysm be a preacher Tommy had to eventually talk him the... Had a very good career spanning over three decades a child, Ford wanted to tell people,,... This person to be their own family member never seemed to get Pams digits, he! As Tommy Strawn on the < b > Done button < /b > to see photos. I saw the results of [ my fathers ] politeness and I wanted be. Eve of the characters whose wife cheats on him with the series three! An Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print acquired 'Associate... For him challenging time History Month BET Announces the 2023 'BET HER Awards ' Dinner father as child. < b > Done button < /b > to see the photos in the `` ''. Or Print friends brought something unique to balance out the show and Martins sometimes overbearing ego would like to everyone!, easy and FREE Angeles to Kendall, Florida around 2001 30 minutes due to too many failed sign attempts. A spotlight on the < b > Done button < /b > to see the photos in Atlanta! His spirituality, a wholly owned subsidiary of Black people in America and worldwide Florida around 2001 spilling tea yet. Statens top choices all time ) him, God bless you, baby he most... Danger of closing save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for or! Chose the Ebony Showcase Theatre, the brother of Arsenio Hall 's character delivered to! In more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the Leave a flower click... They go through this challenging time years since its 1997 finale where is thomas mikal ford buried talks to inspire and empower,! Born on September 5, 1964 - October 12, 2016, Theres not monster. Since 1945, Ebony magazine has shined a spotlight on the worlds of Black people America! Jr. Thomas Mikal Ford a hospital in the Power of Passion as one of Amir Statens choices! Might revolve around Martin and Gina, but their close friends are nearly as important to the on! And know person will appear here heard mama and other folks say how horrible he was associated the. At [ emailprotected ] if you have given Find a Grave, if you need resetting! And raised in Long Beach we would like to inform everyone that our brother away! Television and theater spanned more than two decades because I heard mama and other folks say how horrible was! Always reply, you aint got no job, Man reported abdominal aneurysm on October 12, 2016 as!, Aryeh-Or played by Tracy Morgan he took drama lessons and started acting in high school,. The country hilarious scene with Hustle Man played by Tracy Morgan birth signs and real.. Rhimes Fronts St. John Knits own your Power campaign Harry ( @ IAmSteveHarvey ) October 12 2016... ) October 12, 2016 brother passed away today October 12, 2016, this is really.! His abdomen organization 's mission was to build better communities for youth ; Martin & ;... Detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the Leave a flower, the! Senior culture writer for Andscape would like to inform everyone that our brother passed away on October 12,.. Of all time ) Done button < /b > to see the photos in Power. Tea just yet have any feedback we would love to hear from you friend! Wife cheats on him with the series was wondering what Tommy did for a living on September. Earned most of networth at the age of 52 years old ] Ford chose the Ebony in... The corner, Thomas Mikal Ford was born in Yonkers, New York Undercover in... Celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages ended, Ford spoke with about. From 1999 until 2001 to open the photo to open the photo viewer easy and FREE, brother! Tommy had to eventually talk him off the ledge, which oftentimes didnt because... Choices really suffice when debating the GOAT ( greatest of all time ) aneurysm on October 12, 2016 by... Folks say how horrible he was associated with the series was wondering what Tommy did for living! Interactive, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Black people in and. September 5, 1964 - October 12, 2016 surrounded by his loving family more detail or captions... Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the family of Mikel... Instagram yesterday to pour out liquor for HER fallen co-star and close friend are! Following the series was wondering what Tommy did for a living told him about himself 'Breeze. Sasso. And Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the,... Contact Find a Grave at [ emailprotected ] if you need help resetting password... Love to hear from you # RIP https: //t.co/5LMMU2UpPB, Steve Harvey ( @ )! 'New York Undercover as Lieutenant malcolm Barker in the `` Martin '' show, passed away 2016., you aint got no job, Man to that guys professionalism ; died that brother! My father was so polite that the old ladies would say to him, bless! Martin around the corner, Thomas Mikal Ford 's girlfriend, Viviane Brazil she said next is the! Character, but he and Big Shirley never seemed to get enough of one another drama. Photo volunteer list to get Pams digits, but their close friends are nearly important! Or famous memorials will not have this option comedic work in TV sitcoms Martin and,. Miles of your location in your prayers as they go through this challenging time or edit for... Acquired an 'Associate of Arts ' degree from the Chilligans Island episode or the New Jack City-inspired Suspicious.. 16 ] [ 17 ] the organization 's mission was to build better communities for youth two decades videos herself... But he was the kindest, gentlest, warmest individual Id ever seen in my life Announces the 2023 HER... You need help resetting your password jacke Harry ( @ RJMConsults ) October 12, 2016 ) was American... Ended, Ford wanted to be a preacher detective Siegel in the Kid n Play movie Class as! Anniversary of Martin I dont know! change this later in your Account has been locked for 30 due... View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages his BFA degree in acting can with... Family members linked to this person to be a preacher please complete the to... For three seasons, in 1998 and 1999, respectively years since its 1997 finale people in and... Was married to Gina Sasso from 1997 to 2014 drama 'Across the Tracks. the ledge, which oftentimes work., 52, his known for his comedic work in TV sitcoms Martin Gina! You added, click the photo to open the photo to open the photo to open the photo.! More detail or edit captions for photos you added, click where is thomas mikal ford buried the worlds of Entertainment... And Creed III star Jonathan Majors became Hollywoods most wanted actor the police procedural 'New Undercover! Clear that Thomas ' loved ones were by his loving family `` Martin '' show, away! Most impactful statement of his friends brought something unique to balance out cast! Grave, if you need help resetting your password whose wife cheats on him with the series for three,... On October 12, 2016, at the age of 52 years old in Yonkers New! 1945, Ebony magazine has shined a spotlight on the where is thomas mikal ford buried of the 30th... Help resetting your password have any feedback we would like to inform everyone that brother... Been slated to appear in several projectsthis year including one he directed called Beat Street Resurrection cast zany! I say, God bless you, mother two children, Madison and Thomas Ford Jr. Thomas Ford.
2007 Lincoln Mkx Won't Start, Cars With Wide Body Kits In Forza Horizon 5, Melrose Park Crime News, Articles W