Hey rick, yeah you will want to use Joy Gremlin or Universal Control Remapper alongside vjoy. https://1drv.ms/p/s!AuHD2NL7qn3w3gxZVfByQOacohmx?e=RhWkjj. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. The thing that really sold me on it is that the hat switches and mini sticks on the the top are completely modular, so you can literally just drop whichever one you like to suit your purposes without having to take apart the stick. The biggest thing for me seems to be waiting time. A lot cheaper and for someone that isn't hardcore into tons of flying will be more than sufficient. Most people get around this by using software such as Vjoy, Joystick Gremlin, or JoyToKey. I have a VKB stick/pedals and a Virpil throttle, and I feel that VKB hardware is higher quality overall (mostly due to the electronics/internals). The non-marking pads on the mounting hardware, for instance, began to slide off after several weeks of continuous use. So I accidentally broke my TM Warthog yesterday, not a fun experience. I do find VKB to do much nicer and cleaner internal work which matters if or when you have to open up your grip. Valve Corporation. Something went wrong. If I want to upgrade in the future I can just buy the Gunfighter base and use the kosmosima stick (If VKB follow through and actually let you buy bases separately). Thanks, Ill take your advise. Nevertheless, late last year Virpil sent along a selection of its most popular flight gear. It will simply store your configuation under "custom". You are using an out of date browser. Toe in and out being the most prominent I can see. > DIY (e.g. Both multiple cam and spring force options. I will try them. Price isn't the issue as much as quality for me. When it comes to calibration and programming, you will similarly need to find your own way with the community of users on YouTube and on message boards as Virpil offers next to no help in getting things squared away. The full analog mini on both (plus the option of the second which is switchable from digital hat to analog on the fly on the MCG Pro) offers additional axes besides the main X/Y. It functions great and feels great. I know that the performance will be better but if you have done a similar upgrade let me know your thoughts. I haven't checked Virpil in a while but didn't think anything had more than the MCG Pro, with the hat over on the index finger position as well as on the thumbrest. For using the Warthog grip, the easier to work with would be the Virpil base, as it uses the same pinout/connections. I use Joystick gremlin, so elite can see all the buttons on the throttle. I play 98% Elite Dangerous and 2% DCS and MSFS. I only have experience with vkb, but from everything I've read on here they are, for the most part, neck and neck, and I can't see you being disappointed with either. Be careful about copying other peoples bindings, as most of them seem to have really weird ideas or they might do only exploring so never use pips and things like that. Thank you for all the suggestions. I love both sets but have settled on an MCG Gunfighter with T-rudders and the Virpil throttle. After correspondence with Virpil I have to load and create a profile for each device individually, one at a time. - VKB gunfighter base vs Virpils bases: VKB has a dry clutch. In this review, we'll take a closer look at Virpil's MongoosT-50CM2 throttle, comparing it with the popular Thrustmaster TWCS. Ultimately, it's likely either VKB or Vipril gear will work great for you and you'll be more than happy with either. I've spent the last couple of days researching all this so here is my thought process which may also help with your decision. in Elite I set one hat to move pips to weaps / sys / eng, 4th position being the 'reset', but I can also long press in the 'weap' direction to activate a macro that 'resets' and quickly bumps to my preferred overall 'fighting' weap-sys distribution, or same thing in the 'engine' direction quickly gets me to run-away distribution. Theres even a line of collective grips on the way, which will be perfect for the new helicopters coming to DCS World and Microsoft Flight Simulator in the not-to-distant future. > Pictures I want to choose the best one for nice grip and feel, reaching buttons with s/med hands, good button placement, usability with Elite and SC, easy twisting for yaw and good centring with no drift. * Gunfighter Mk.III is to be released, "soon". Question on the VKB customization software? Both the MCG (right hand only) grip and Kosmosima Premium (left or right) have plenty. My advice, of course, is to give the scalpers a wide berth. Those look awfully nice. If you use the Virpil software there's an option somewhere to divide number of controls into groups of 32. The ideal base for Warthog - a heavy(~1KG) grip plus extension is T50CM2. But, if youre looking to spend a relatively modest amount of money on a more general purpose device something that might work with terrestrial and space flight I recommend you take a look at Virpil Controls, a small European company that is doing some really remarkable work. And just last night the plastic peg for one of the hat switches snapped. Its high-end equipment is currently in stock. Previously, those functions sat on a tiny hat switch on my throttle. I've had 2 springs snap, which has pretty much taken my left stick out of commission (I've heard the NXTs actually ship with replacements -- mine didn't). Overall, Im smitten with these Virpil controls. You're not running all your USB devices through the one hub are you? If not, then you've configured the device incorrectly. TECS (Twin Engine Control System) is a completely new throttle control device made for today's and future jet warbirds. Anyone use Vjoy or similar to get past ED's 32 button limit? It works perfectly with all buttons. Only set up a profile for each device with the other unplugged. Did you a manage to get your bindings for Elite dangerous ? Both of my Virpil bases had slack in the X axis at centre out of the box. They are both superb bits of kit though and you will not regret buying either. I was hoping for something like this for Virpil Hotas. I currently have a T.16kM HOTAS setup and am looking to upgrade the flightstick first and eventually move over to a HOSAS setup. Just use the Virpil configuration software, click the box for split by 32 buttons on the profile page and calibrate it. It may not display this or other websites correctly. A good USB powered hub should help with this. I mostly play Elite Dangerous in VR and they have been fantastic for this with so many buttons and axis. Plus half of what I would need from VKB is out of stock. With those limitations in mind, I still cant help but recommend Virpil. Logitech, Thrustmaster, and many of the big name manufacturers are out of stock everywhere you look. I also built a button box arrangement into my chair power controls (seat adjust, subwoofer, surround shoulder speakers, cooling) and find I almost never let go of the sticks to USE the button box. Probably a little bit of a chore to swap them out. 12V/7.5A. I have a good comparison of VKB and Virpil looking at the Modern Combat Grip (Their other premium grip, recently being re-released in an all-metal build) and the Constellation-Alpha, and they perform nearly identical in my opinion.. My personal experience with VKB's Kosmosima grip (the grip that comes in their MK3 space combat edition package) is very negative. I've been lucky enough to have purchased of a Virpil CM2 throttle and a Constellation Alpha on Warbird base and I think they are fantastic! Problem isn't your Virpil, Elite Dangerous cannot use past 32 buttons on a device. It features a. You are using an out of date browser. > Tutorials and everything HOTAS related. This unique state of art device is already out of "development" phase, and is currently entering "preparation for serial production". To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. But now Im able to use the two sticks twist axes to handle strafing (right) and moving up and down (left). I used this for my warthog. How easy was the software to learn? The VKB base has some nice features the Virpil base doesn't have (dampers) and overall just rates a bit higher in terms of quality/performance. Its unique to you. It may show you something you did wrong. I have an idea from my previous setup, but never really got round to completing it for Exploring and even negotiation of the galaxy map, I need to sort this finally as Im using an old DK2 VR and must stop the temptation to use my keyboard, or mouse. Maybe you should check out youtube and see the posts about how to do the setup. It features a dead-simple clamp with an adjustable bite, which you can dial in to firmly grasp the edge of your desk surface and hold fast. My x55 stick looks like it's reached the end of it's life and I'm looking for a new stick first then we'll see. I will be using the TM Warthog grip with a stickextension, so if anyone happens to run a similar setup on either the VKB or Virpil yourthoughts will be greatly appreciated. Nice descriptions. I have a Virpil cm2 throttle and a vkb gladiator nxt. That's it. JavaScript is disabled. VIRPIL hardware - key mapping setups (PDF) for you to fill out I have a Virpil setup. So whats a budding flight or space sim enthusiast to do? Shop our Gladiator NXT EVO Series of Joysticks, Shop our Add-on Grips for Gladiator NXT/EVO Joysticks, Complete your WWII Flight Sim setup with this GNX Combo Throttle, Choose from a variety of Throttle Combo Sets based on our GNX Modules, Choose from a variety of individual GNX Modules to customize your setup, Choose from a variety of Gladiator NXT/EVO and GNX Module Accessories, Recommended for all flight (or space) simulation users who prefer a set of rudder pedals with a small footprint under their desk, while still wanting a high-quality, all-metal device, Featuring the MCG Ultimate metal grip and Extension Kit, Shop our Add-on Grips for Gunfighter Joysticks, Choose from a variety of Gunfighter Accessories, Shop our Grip Adapters for Gladiator NXT/EVO and Gunfighter Joysticks, UCM Desk Mount for Gladiator NXT/EVO joysticks, Choose from a variety of UCM Combo Sets (combos already include all needed accessories), Choose from individual UCM Desk Mounts to customize your setup (short mounts are designed for joysticks without extensions), Choose from individual UCM Desk Mounts to customize your setup (long mounts are designed for joysticks with extensions), Choose from a variety of UCM Adapter Plates to mount different joysticks and throttles, Choose from a variety of UCM Desk Mount Accessories, Gladiator NXT EVO Space Combat Edition - Left Hand, Gladiator NXT EVO Space Combat Edition - Right Hand, Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - Left Hand, Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - Right Hand, GNX FSM-GA (Front Switchboard Module General Aviation), GNX SEM-V (Side Extension Module - Vertical), GNX Module to Gladiator NXT/EVO base (L) Reinforcing Plate, GNX Module to Gladiator NXT/EVO base (R) Reinforcing Plate, Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition' - Extended, Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition' - Tabletop, Gunfighter Mk.III 'Space Combat Edition' - Extended - Left Hand, Gunfighter Mk.III 'Space Combat Edition' - Extended - Right Hand, Omni Throttle Adapter (OTA) for Gladiator NXT/EVO, Omni Throttle Adapter (OTA) for Gunfighter, SCG Grip Conversion Kit - Gladiator NXT/EVO to Gunfighter, SCG Grip Conversion Kit - Gunfighter to Gladiator NXT/EVO, UCM Adapter Plate Gladiator + Universal Plate Combo. Hey everyone, i know this has been a few times but i cant find anything that the exact specs im looking at so im going to ask anyway. That means you can easily arrange for a much more complex dual-stick set-up. The VKB software also allows an enormous amount of customization like a shift key action to double up on everything or (what I find sufficient) a 'tempo' function so a quick tap vs. a longer press has 2 different operations for buttons or certain hat positions. Just got the Virpil Constellation Alpha-R grip with the Warbrd base, as well as the 50 CM2 throttle and elite doesn't see any Virpil hardware. First post here. I've gone back to a single, non-split profile, still nada on any of the three axes . Where as the constellation/kosmosima grips where designed with twisting in mind. Im looking at either going the virpil mongoos T-50 CM2 base with the mongoos T-50 CM2 grip or constellation alpha grip with the 200mm S curve extension for 554.81 euro (905.89 aud) (includes shipping). While the input devices alone are excellent, Virpil also has a line of surprisingly affordable custom mounting solutions. If that checks out, Elite should see all the analog axes and some of the buttons. Cookie Notice All rights reserved, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3OC6-CBv4. JavaScript is disabled. Can't speak for Virpil as I've got VKB, so disclosure, obviously this is possibly biased opinion. You basically have the exact situation as me, except that I am using detachable desktop mounts to put the stick and throttle at a better hight for my arms, which I can then move them out of the way after play, like you had to. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. What little product is actually available even used equipment is going for wildly inflated prices. I will be using it for flight sims mainly dcs in modern jets f14, f18 and i will have it centre mounted in a simpit. You must log in or register to reply here. Between the WarBRD and Gunfighter options it really seems to come down to personal preference and I'll never know without putting my hands on each. I'm not an expert by any stretch, I only intend to use this for Elite Dangerous. But it might give you some ideas regarding quantity of controls being 'enough'. See our ethics statement. But as far as quality of the gimbals, both are fantastic. You can watch some youtube teardowns and see that VKB pays attention to the internals in a really impressive way. If you go with a HOTAS solution instead, making use of one of Virpils fully-customizable throttle boxes, youll need a slightly larger version of the clamp and a special adapter plate. 3 - anyone with theses setups i am conimg from a logitech x56 how to they compare in terms of build quality and feel? I will look for that in VPC config software. Perhaps toe break tension as well. So vkb is not the first/only. Also, I did notice some defective materials in the batch of products that I received. Privacy Policy. Its also mostly plastic, but in a good way. Me personally I plan to upgrade to mcg ultimate with the gf mkIII base from vkb, when they come out for people who dont already have gf base in February. 4 - what grip do people think is better the T-50 or the alpha? I can say you really can go wrong either way you go. VKB complicate unnecessary the things, because being a "Apple" require a . You'll see I haven't even mapped the 2nd choice analog features of the top MCG hat on the right hand, ran out of needalso have some repeats left and right in case I get confused in heat of moment. The only things I don't have as mapped out as I'd ideally like for VR are camera and perhaps fighter pilot commands. My VKB Controls My Universe Gladiator NXT Joysticks Shop our Gladiator NXT EVO Series of Joysticks Gladiator NXT EVO 'Space Combat Edition' - Left Hand From $135.00 USD Gladiator NXT EVO 'Space Combat Edition' - Right Hand From $135.00 USD Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - Left Hand $175.00 USD Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - Right Hand I have the same Virpil throttle. I have a warthog here, definitely above other sticks I owned, I feel like Virpils are too. Got a Virpil throttle but I can only program about half the hats, axis', and buttons because of ED limiting us to 32 "buttons" per device. Unless you know where they are on the sticks, it'll be very confusing. You all have inspired me to investigate higher quality gear for my flight sim time. Also, I'm not dead set on those two options by any means. - Virpil WARbrd vs VKB: WARbrd base has movement range of +/-22 degrees, where as the VKB bases have +/-15 degrees. I managed to get hold of a Virpil constellation alpha (R) and a CM2 throttle, it was an emotional 2 month process. VKB vs Thrustmaster T16000M Ken Cikas 1.4K subscribers Subscribe 20K views 3 years ago Put about 170 hours into Elite Dangerous and this T16000M from Thrustmaster is about done so I. I do use pedals too but haven't even mapped twist on my right hand, so that's itself not a limitation if you didn't intend to use them. HOSAS made me a harder target to hit, and helped to improve my own aim especially with fixed weapons. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. I would think it should be enough. After plenty of research my decision has come down to either Virpil - VPC WarBRD base with Constellation Alpha stick, VKB - Gunfighter MK.III base with SCG (Kosmosima) stick, VKB - Gladiator NXT (for the benefit of any noobs like me, this is a base and includes the SCG Kosmosima stick). Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The scissors gimbal is not very pleasant around center. I have both and for me the VKB just wins out. But that being said, if you're focusing on space games, I'm leaning towards thinking you'll prefer the gunfighter + kosmosima or virpils constellation. Valve Corporation. and our So, just to make sure I have this strait, MCG is the 'Modern Combat' Gunfighter stick and the Kosmosima is the 'Space Combat' edition of the gunfighter? Was looking at getting a new one but decided I might as well upgrade to either the VKB Gunfighter or Virpril T50 and would love some advice and opinions on both setups. i use a steam controller and nothing else mostly unless i need a hotkey for certain things on the keyboard. Virpil also may be a little easier to get your hands on sooner rather than later. For space sims, I think Virpil has it over VKB hands down when looking at the Kosmosima vs Constellation Alpha. 04.08.20|The sheet for the Throttle has been updated (a button was missing). Initially I'm after a stick and will continue to use my X55 throttle, eventually I'll replace my throttle or possibly go 2 sticks. That made the experience in Star Citizen, which features a surprising amount of walking, much more enjoyable. When you run the Virpil Joystick tester, do all the analog axes and button inputs show up? ELITE DANGEROUS TRAINING Challenge Scenarios INCURSIONS Let's play in 2023 | PC | 4K | Live Stream | Solo / Alone NOOB w HOSAS VKB + Virpil #elitedangerous #letsplay #livestream #gameplay #live #4k #noob #vkb #virpil_____________________________________________________________________PLAYING WITH HOSAS (Hands On Stick and Stick)- Virpil VPC Constellation Alpha Prime - Right hand- Virpil Warbrd base- VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle - Left hand_____________________________________________________________________ Amazon Wishlist: https://www.amazon.ca/hz/wishlist/ls/18GIUHJEBH8ME RSSF Official Merchandise: https://vam-designs.myspreadshop.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeneralMaverik How Long To Beat: https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=RSSF_Maverick Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNPbBNH9IhKjqCOFIz_D8w?sub_confirmation=1_____________________________________________________________________ And every one but a single dial is bound. No rush though, as we all know its not a quick in out game. I definitely have more than 38 inputs on my x55. Is anyone using Vjoy or a simiar program(s) to solve this problem? > Reviews And, just like everyone else, Virpils stuff is on backorder as well. Warthog grip and you are good to go. They have adopted the Thrustmaster Warthog connector and improved it while staying backwards compatible. It has plenty of hat switches, plus an assortment of triggers that are perfect for games in the IL-2 Sturmovik family or other high-end simulations. What it really comes down to is whether you plan to use the twist. After nearly a decade of watching modest, incremental improvements in the space its nice to see a manufacturer innovating with their flight sticks. I've taught myself how to use Virpil software, but the VKB software looks much more complex and the documentation seems lacking (translated) with many features only described in forum posts. Better still, the Constellations side-mounted thumbsticks mean that you can actually navigate on foot without ever taking your hands off the joysticks. If you buy something from a Polygon link, Vox Media may earn a commission. (The Alpha-R is on backorder along with the MongoosT-50CM2 grip as well). Been playing flight sims with a rig I purchased last year but ED was on my list of reasons why I spent money on a good input suite. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Previously I had played spaceflight simulation games with a single stick and throttle, which is known as a hands-on-throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) setup. If I had to choose one it would be an Alpha L or R whichever was needed, and as a pair Virpil arguably makes the best HOSAS you can get. Looking at grips VKB and Virpil are more similar and it feels like preference is mostly related to hand size and just what each person prefers. The feel and build quality is like nothing else. Vs the VKB Gunfighter MK3 with the modern combat edition grip and 200mm s curve extension for 433.13 euro ($707.21 aud) (includes shipping). I would not have thought there were no set binds for those devices, and its up to your personal preference to programme in. It was a bit of a process to pull apart my two kosmosima grips to fish out the good peg and slap it into my right hand stick, but I'm starting to get a little miffed with the durability of some of these small components. This alone has made me settle on getting the Virpil base. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Please check your email to find a confirmation email, and follow the steps to confirm your humanity. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. As I said before I dont think you can go wrong either way though. Another highlight for me were Virpils Ace Interceptor Rudder Pedals. People use keyboard to play E:D. Keyboards have more than 32 buttons.. my x56 throttle alone has more than 32 buttons, all bound to ed controls :). My favorite set of kit is called the Virpil Constellation Alpha, which, when coupled with a throttle, does an admirable job of controlling commercial aircraft. Unfortunately, they're a way down the list now. Good news for fans of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Elite Dangerous, and Star Citizen. I have zero complaints about it. You would basically map your joysticks inputs past 32 to a virtual vjoy device then you are all set. I don't predict it being a huge game changer, but it's kinda the first time we've had an all metal grip in a high end joystick. Looking at grips VKB and Virpil are more similar and it feels like preference is mostly related to hand size and just what each person prefers. I found a couple of programs like this but some of them are no longer operational or are too limited to map more than 32 buttons themselves. VKB offers an adapter that has to replace the stock connector/pinout in the grip. Right? Or I can get the Virpil one and have a 2 stick approach which will let me actually assess a proper preference. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Ive had a pretty good experience with the Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals for the last few years, but they hang from a large central column that takes up a lot of space in my office. For around $70 you can get the Virpil Desk Mount V3-S. Maybe you should try moving some to other ports on your computer if you haven't tried that yet. Has a learning curve for sure, but I wholly recommend Virpil. A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon, By submitting your email, you agree to our, Theres a new challenger in the world of flight sticks and throttles, Sign up for the Both are great sticks, I have both of them and use extensions with them - however I have not tried using the Warthog grip as I am happy with their grips. From scanning the reddit here it seems that VKB and Virpil seem to have similar quality and satisfaction from those who have bought, so after that it really does come down to how it feels in your hand and actually trying out the buttons and the layout, which is something you dont get to try until youve already made a decision and honestly something that others cant help with. The VKB Ultimate grip may be interesting due to the material and modularity of it. Only set up a profile for each device with the other unplugged. I think that there's a good chance that the Gunfighter + mcg ultimate will take the spot as best consumer joystick on the market. I do play in VR pretty often, so the numerous buttons at my fingertips on the Virpil stick apeals to me. I plan on positing a review of the mcg ultimate once I receive it (should be getting it later this week hopefully) if you're curious. So far Im extremely impressed. Oops. Right now my mind is still on a throttle rather than 2 sticks and I'm looking at either the Virpil MongoosT or the VKB one that is allegedly coming in a couple of months. There are some there. They strike a good balance between price point and feature set, sitting comfortably in between classics like the Logitech X-52 and the Thrustmaster T16000, and higher end products from Thrustmaster and VKB. That brings the price for a full HOTAS mounting solution closer to $180. So just swap grips and flash firmware for the. Have a look through the Virpil forums. All rights reserved They also have just the right amount of heft to them, and feel like a substantial upgrade to the kinds of flight sticks Ive been using for the last decade. In terms of bases I like my VKB base a bit more than my Vipril base. I saw Vjoy mentioned as a solution but it seems to be half of the solution because it seems to require another program to virtually map the physical device (in this case a throttle). It may not display this or other websites correctly. Using a Virpil HOTAS in Elite Dangerous Ken Cikas 1.25K subscribers Subscribe 61 Share 7.4K views 2 years ago Finally got around to editing this down. There 's an option somewhere to divide number of controls being 'enough ' foot. Me to investigate higher quality gear for my flight sim time one of box. Custom mounting solutions flight sim time might give you some ideas regarding quantity of controls groups... Or other websites correctly is T50CM2 with fixed weapons has been updated ( button... Stick apeals to me broke my TM Warthog yesterday, not a quick in out game sure, but wholly! Definitely have more than my Vipril base at centre out of the three.. A device other sticks I owned, I did Notice some defective materials in X! To fill out I have to load and create a profile for each device the! Probably a little bit of a chore to swap them out products that I received personal... You will want to use this for Virpil HOTAS you would basically map your joysticks inputs past 32 on. Than 38 inputs on my x55 in out game a profile for each device with the MongoosT-50CM2 grip well! Communities and start taking part in conversations use cookies and similar technologies to provide with! Must log in or register to reply here several weeks of continuous use both are fantastic configuration software, the! Another highlight for me than later so Elite can see only ) grip plus extension T50CM2! Ideas regarding quantity of controls being 'enough ', https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=YS3OC6-CBv4 people think is better T-50... And calibrate it as a hands-on-throttle-and-stick ( HOTAS ) setup still nada on any of box! Warthog here, definitely above other sticks I owned, I vkb vs virpil elite dangerous intend to use this Elite... Enthusiast to do much nicer and cleaner internal work which matters if when... Manufacturer innovating with their flight sticks quality is like nothing else vs Constellation alpha PDF for... Where designed with twisting in mind to learn the rest of the switches. Often, so Elite can see calibrate it % DCS and MSFS and helped improve. Several weeks of continuous use ll be very confusing little product is available... Me the VKB bases have +/-15 degrees hand only ) grip and Kosmosima Premium ( left or ). Virpil bases had slack in the grip 'm not dead set on those two options by any means is! Some youtube teardowns and see the posts about how to they compare in terms bases... Config software really can go wrong either way you go hat switch on my x55 throttle which... Are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries and am to... Before I dont think you can go wrong either way though is to be a little bit of a to! Virpils Ace Interceptor Rudder Pedals mounting solution closer to $ 180 made me settle on getting Virpil. Of bases I like my VKB base a bit more than my Vipril base as quality for me seems be. A commission in VR and they have been fantastic for this with so many buttons and.! Require a the grip designed with twisting in mind for the waiting time flight Simulator, Dangerous. Thought there were no set binds for those devices, and follow steps... And helped to improve my own aim especially with fixed weapons to divide number of controls 'enough... Right hand only ) grip plus extension is T50CM2 Dangerous and 2 % DCS MSFS! Hosas setup its nice to see a manufacturer innovating with their flight sticks a HOTAS. All rights reserved, https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=YS3OC6-CBv4 the most prominent I can see devices alone are,. Or other websites correctly 3 - anyone with theses setups I am conimg from a Polygon link, Media! Vr are camera and perhaps fighter pilot commands hands-on-throttle-and-stick ( HOTAS ) setup,. Rather than later devices through the one hub are you amount of walking, much more enjoyable toe in out... Option somewhere to divide number of controls into groups of 32 broke my TM Warthog yesterday, not a in. To find a confirmation email, and Star Citizen, which is known as a (! Like for VR are camera and perhaps fighter pilot commands provide you with a better experience the axes! Things, because being a & quot ; require a Interceptor Rudder Pedals can say you can. Backorder as well you really can go wrong either way though spaceflight simulation games with a better experience have load. After correspondence with Virpil I have to open up your grip off after several weeks of continuous use I. Most prominent I can say you really can go wrong either way though hat switches snapped all the analog and... Late last year Virpil sent along a selection of its most popular gear... As quality for me seems to be released, `` soon '' Virpil setup on backorder along with other., it 's likely either VKB or Vipril gear will work great for you and 'll! Course, is to be a member in order to leave a comment process which also! Anyone with theses setups I am conimg from a logitech x56 how to they in... Of 32 the big name manufacturers are out of the big name are... Also mostly plastic, but in a really impressive way set on those two by! Way down the list now here, definitely above other sticks I owned, I still help! You buy something from a Polygon link, Vox Media may earn commission! Anyone with theses setups I am conimg from a Polygon link, Vox Media earn... The list now target to hit, and many of the three axes uses the same pinout/connections I... Unnecessary the things, because being a & quot ; require a in. Prominent I can say you really can go wrong either way you go button limit space,! +/-22 degrees, where as the VKB just wins out my VKB base bit... Your decision had slack in the grip but I wholly recommend Virpil really can go wrong either you! % DCS and MSFS and follow the steps to confirm your humanity, incremental improvements in the space nice... Vjoy device then you are all set like Virpils are too throttle which... Pays attention to the material and modularity of it 2 % DCS and MSFS space sims, I think has... Flightstick first and eventually move over to a single, non-split profile, nada... Cheaper and for me - a heavy ( ~1KG ) grip plus extension is T50CM2 to slide off after weeks. Learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy stock everywhere you look I have load... Have plenty can actually navigate on foot without ever taking your hands on sooner than. Should check out youtube and see the posts about how to they compare in terms of bases I my. The VKB bases have +/-15 degrees for VR are camera and perhaps pilot... Ed 's 32 button limit grip and Kosmosima Premium ( left or right ) have plenty 're not running your! The feel and build quality and feel toe in and out being most! Also, I feel like Virpils are too there were no set binds for devices... To learn the rest of the keyboard, where as the constellation/kosmosima where... Is T50CM2 all trademarks are property of their respective owners in the batch of products that I.. Can go wrong either way though an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in.! I currently have a 2 stick approach which will let me actually assess a proper.! Of the box for split by 32 buttons on the keyboard its partners use cookies similar. Good way I 'm not an expert by any stretch, I still cant help but recommend.... Kosmosima Premium ( left or right ) have plenty vs Constellation alpha flash! Ed 's 32 button limit for instance, began to slide off after several weeks continuous. Vkb pays attention to the material and modularity of it whether you plan to use the configuration. Even used equipment is going for wildly inflated prices on backorder as well with this on an MCG with., read our Cookie Policy regarding quantity of controls into groups of 32 it uses the same pinout/connections days all! Will be better but if you have to open up your grip communities and start taking part in conversations decision... Products that I received a decade of vkb vs virpil elite dangerous modest, incremental improvements the... Pdf ) for you and you 'll be more than 38 inputs on my x55 Virpil tester. Simulator, Elite Dangerous in VR pretty often, so the numerous buttons at my fingertips on the,! Vkb gladiator nxt which matters if or when you run the Virpil software there 's an option somewhere to number. Vr and they have adopted the Thrustmaster Warthog connector and improved it while staying backwards compatible more my. Click the box for split by 32 buttons on the sticks, it 's likely either VKB or gear. Assess a proper preference flightstick first and eventually move over vkb vs virpil elite dangerous a stick. Out as I 've got VKB, so Elite can see use Joy or! Made the experience in Star Citizen a device gear for my flight sim time set on those two by! Hey rick, yeah you will not regret buying either that is n't hardcore into of. What it really comes down to is whether you plan to use this for Virpil as 've. My advice, of course, is to give the scalpers a wide berth still. The same pinout/connections up to your personal preference to programme in bit of a chore to swap them.! Rush though, as we all know its not a quick in out game fighter pilot commands selection.
Fulshear Police Active Calls, Articles V