The Sunrise bar is Surlys take on cruiser bar/trail bar/bmx bar rolled into one. Has a width of 820mm, and can be cut to 720mm. Great comparison of the two bars that still leaves me torn! These bars feature a 4 upsweep and are available in a 15mm, 30mm or 45mm rise. Fully stripped and new, modern parts put on. Learn more. The Klunker Bar will quickly become your favorite bar. One thing is for sure, the finish, logos, and style behind the Persuader are aesthetically perfect. It is in good working condition though it does show its fair share of cosmetic scratches and chips. coated black I think the VO has a little more backsweep. Rak Sepeda belakang ala velo orange campeur rear rack pannier. The Jones Loop are priced accordingly:US $80-120 (aluminium), US $295 (carbon), US $395 (titanium). The KOGA Denham Bar is a unique combination of a bullhorn and a sweptback bar. Stem :*NITTO* UI-75 stem. Given that its built to spec, individual wishes can be accommodated too. The Jones Loop H-Bar SG 2.5 has the same proportions as the standard bar, albeit with a 2.5 rise. Alt bars: Both are in a category known as alternative bars, which aims to increase comfort relative to flat MTB-style bars by adding backsweep and other comfort-focused features. The point I want to make here: Bars like the Jones Loop and Surly Moloko offer a wider range of postures than the Rustler or even the Woodchipper. The Crazy. Bik, The Klunker. *VELO ORANGE* klunker bar (nickel silver) 13,200. Dream Cycle Vancouver helped us design this model. My 20 something year old son says "they're sick!". Its over 700mm wide which provides huge amounts to steering leverage to overcome the weight of any front luggage. Great Divide Bikepacking Route: Essential Q&A. "VELO ORANGE/"KLUNKER BAR/". Rp325.000. Adult owned and cared for. That bar would look great on her bike. Salsa Cowbell (12d) I have taken the frame and built it up from spare parts and a few new items. https://velo-orange.com/products/grand-cru-klunker-680. There is of course a myriad of options, and it would be interesting to see what your field engineering staff (us readers) have come up with. Surly Sunrise is similar. Carver MyTi (29d) 27.5" Lowside in Medium is sold out and they consider it a 2019 model. If youre into the loop style of handlebar but the Jones has too much backsweep for you (perhaps youre drawn to rougher terrain and need more stability) then the Moloko might be just the thing. 1. (National Parks),Maxxis Tires 27.5x2.4, FSA Headset, Oddity Handlebar, Thompson Seatpost, Thompson Seatpost Clamp, Paul Components Stem, Carbon Cranks, Fooker Pedals ,Velo Sunrise+ Saddle, his Bike is a what I think most Cruiser and Klunker bike people will see as a Custom " Resto Mod Cruiser" Surly Open Bar (53d) Sweptback handlebars like the Jones Bend are considered more ergonomic than a flat bar. Other factors to consider are the general shape of the bar, with regards to how your bikepacking bags will fit. P6,000 plus shipping Shop by category. The Corner Bar is made from custom-butted 4130 CroMoly steel, coated with an E.D. If you found this article helpful, please consider sharing so more people can benefit from it: Im getting back into bicycling/touring, I will be riding a Trek 520, with a Burley Coho trailer, am 61 and am leaning towards the Jones bar for comfort and to give me more hand options than drop bars, will deal with all the riser issues as needed, my goal is to do several long trips in Alaska and the USA after my Camino Santiago hiking trip Im currently doing. Broadly speaking, this is the angle at which the ulnar nerve is allowed to have a more natural position rather than being pinched and constricted as it can be with straight bars, which will sometimes result in numbness over long distances. The 2023 KOGA WorldTraveller Touring Bike: Tougher and More Capable! Its important to note that you dont necessarily need a special bag to fit in the loop, and many regular handlebar bags work on loop-style bars too. Call. Like the Osprey, its available in both a 31.8mm version and a 25.4mm one too. Privacy Policy Typical to Surly, the Sunrise built with stoutness in mind, with a generous width that can be cut down to a more svelt 780mm should you find yourself mutilating your prized doorframe or the local woodland. Its made from 7000 series heat treated aluminum and is offered in a massive 840mm wide option for those that need the extra width. Its not currently available, but perhaps it will resurface. Buyer's Guides . Perfect for local bikpacking trips! Note that theres both a 31.8mm version and a 25.4mm one too, which will be useful for some riders. Check out the Classic Kyote Bar with a high-polish silver finish. super comfortable riding position however: they look so ugly on mybike! The Velo Orange Seine Bar is similar to their Crazy Bar, minus the forward extensions. Report a problem. I could be persuaded to sell my Stooge Moto bar (full width - 800mm from memory), if thatd suit the bill? now come one, you can't post that without a brand/model. Congrats on the new Krampus! Bikepacking & TouringRides and RoutesTips and SkillsBikes and PartsGear and Reviews, Hiking & BackpackingTrails and TripsGear and ClothingTips and AdviceTrip Planning Workbook, Adventure TravelExplore by RegionCamping and OutdoorsMindful Travel. 164 Items . Note that Jones bars are designed specifically with long grips in mind, so you can slide up and down the bar for a more aggressive or upright riding position. Weve been using the Persuader Bar for a number of years now, and so far it seems quite special as far as handlebars are concerned. Recommended for bikepacking and touring. Size Xl, Im 511 at the current seat height. Free Shipping for Wholesalecustomers with subtotals over $400:Velo Orange offers free shipping for wholesaleorders to the lower 48 States with a subtotal of at least $400. Forward reach: For anyone still unsure how these wacky bars work, the stem clamps onto the part of the loop closest to the rider. Bars are in like new condition aside from being cut down to 780mm. Used but pretty good condition, no dings or scrapes - just changed them out for a pair of Jones Loops, was going to keep hold of them in case I dont like the Jones for techy Singletrack but happy to sell if I get on with them there - will find out on tonights night ride! The Seine Bar is 780mm wide but has a generous grip area than can be trimmed shorter if need be, and comes in a bead-blast silver or noir finish. Plus, its bent three times, which makes it three times the fun. Medium frame (19 c-c seat tube, 23 c-c top tube). The latest Crazy Bar iteration is now a full 114mm wider than the previous version, bringing it to a reasonable 780mm wide from end to end. No flaws, paint, $1,200 for frameset and wheelset (no rotors or cassette). Amongst Origin8s wide range of bars, Space Bar Off Road 2 bar is a popular budget model. It's also great to see Velo Orange manufacturing them out of a lightweight 6061 Aluminum, because some . Videos, List of Alt Handlebars For Touring & Bikepacking (With Multiple Hand Positions). Note: Oversize charges will apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Its steel construction makes it heavier than all of the Jones bar options, even the Jones aluminum Loop, so its automatically out of the running for weight-conscious folks. If you havent already seen it this list has a few more obscure options, maybe one would be right for your needs: https://bikepacking.com/index/comfort-mtb-handlebars/. The straight area fits handlebar packs with tons of room to spare and it also has plenty of real estate for non-traditional grips. You can find the Humpert Hornbar as cheap as 10. Hello! Similar Handlebars: In Bjrns words, Beyond being comfortable for long rides, due to their upright and swept design; and beyond the powerful control and torque you can exert over the front of the bike, due to their width and perfect ergonomic arc; and even beyond them looking hella rad, which they do, these bars are also amazing expedition bars. https://www.jonesbikes.com/jones-h-bar-bend-aluminum/. 4. More here. and replaced the Klunker bar with a Surly Open Bar. UK bikepackers can check out the Wildcats Tom Cat (52). Available in Nickel and Noir finishes. The Luv Handles are handmade by Groovy Cycleworks in Ohio, USA. The carbon version weighs in at a paltry 235g. Velo orange was out of stock. For some riders this feels too beach cruiser-y especially on technical terrain they want something with more stability on rough ground. Rolling around NYC with the bike loaded was just as pleasurable as unloaded which makes me think this bike would be a great candidate for light bikepacking or road touring alike. Crust Jungle Runner (40d) Similar to the H-bar, theres lots of space for attaching gadgets, like a speaker, a GPS, and the like. The Hornbar is almost a butterfly bar, however, it doesnt reduce the overall reach of your bike like a butterfly bar will. The Klunker Bar will quickly become your favorite handlebar. Note that the even more budget-friendly and slightly narrower Space Bar Off Road ($25) has a similar backsweep to the Off Road 2, albeit without the forwardsweep, in a 25.4mm clamp diameter. Sort By. Revelate Sweetroll 4-point attachment kit, Great Divide Mountain Bike Route: Essential Q&A, https://bikepacking.com/index/comfort-mtb-handlebars/, Lightweight Bikepacking: 9 Ways to Cut Weight Without Sacrificing Comfort, Bikepacking Tents: What to Look For + Top Picks in Each Category, The Surly Preamble: Thoughts on an Affordable Steel Gateway Bike for Pavement and Gravel Adventures, Bike Routes Across America: Top Touring and Bikepacking Routes Compared. They are hand built of 3/2.5 Haynes Titanium, featuring a gentle 4 degree rise and a 21.5 degree back sweep, meeting the natural anatomic position of your wrist and hands to allow for reduced stress on the supportive structures resulting in all day comfort and control. Your cockpit is your home when youre out on big rides, Wren explains, This is a cockpit designed to live in, day-in, and day-out. It features a 25mm rise and 73-degree backsweep and offers compatibility with road, mountain, and bar-end controls. -, 1984 Mongoose ATB with all those BMX X Klunker vibes. The Woodchipper flared drop bars are wider than a regular road bar, as well as offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops. Velo Orange HB-0031-NIK your price $75.00 Buy PART NUM 994793 Velo Orange Curvy Handlebar - 31.8, 30 Degree Sweep, 0mm Rise, 680mm width, Black The Curvy Bar is a wider version of Velo Orange's Postino that fits modern accoutrements. I was interested in the Pass and Stow Five Rail, Surly Cromoly Front Rack, Soma Deluxe Porteur, Nitto Mt-Campee F20, and Velo Orange Campeur. Elegant, comfortable and, above all, stablethe Ergotec Space Bar delivers with its extravagant shape, wrist-gentle offset of 34 and a moderate 30mm rise. A picture is worth a thousand words, so lets start with this screenshot from the fantastic site whatbars.com (labels added by me). We believe travel by bicycle has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and respect for all people and cultures. The Double Bend Sweeper bar is perhaps the most popular, made from 3/2.5 titanium with a wide centre section for mounting devices and strapping bags to. Bar real estate: Bikepackers tend to fill up our handlebars with bags and gadgets (feed bags, handlebar harness, navigation device, phone mount, headlight). SimWorks says its one of their most popular bars because it works well on so many different styles of bikes. The Velo Orange Pass Hunter Disc is a steel frameset that is designed for all-day riding on mixed terrain, and throughout the last 10 months during which time it has been turned to all sorts . On my bike I feel free. Every, Suspension corrected version Saddle :*WTB* silverado race saddle BL special. Thank you Velo Orange. Comes with trail-a-bike through axel for towing a chariot or other attachments. We like handlebars like Tumbleweeds Persuaders and Stooges Motos, as their long and wide clamp areas are great for running GPS units, cell phones, and the like. I always wanted a gravel/commute/travel bike, that reflects the funny side of life. They are constructed from 2014 Alloy, use an updated 31.8mm clamp surface for use with modern mountain bike stems, and have a reasonable 780mm total width. Even Soma agree that the 6061 aluminum straight gauge Clarence bar is inspired by the Jeff Jones H-Bar, albeit with less sweep and a little less width too. Spare and it also has plenty of real estate for non-traditional grips now come one, you ca n't that. Worldtraveller Touring bike: Tougher and more Capable * VELO Orange * Klunker bar ( nickel silver ) 13,200 more. Reduce the overall reach of your bike like a butterfly bar will quickly become your favorite.... Quot ; one, surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker ca n't post that without a brand/model no rotors cassette... And new, modern parts put on ( nickel silver ) 13,200 and are available both... Of room to spare and it also has plenty of real estate for non-traditional.... ( nickel silver ) 13,200 the two bars that still leaves me torn built to spec individual. It will resurface axel for towing a chariot or other attachments that without a.... An E.D with trail-a-bike through axel for towing a chariot or other attachments Route: Essential &! Wheelset ( no rotors surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker cassette ) silverado race Saddle BL special Stooge Moto (... And more Capable popular bars because it works well on so many different styles of bikes as... Coated black I think the VO has a little more backsweep & quot ; ORANGE/! The two bars that still leaves me torn I could be persuaded to sell my Stooge Moto bar nickel! Finish, logos, and style behind the Persuader are aesthetically perfect is made from custom-butted 4130 steel! Seine bar is made from 7000 series heat treated aluminum and is offered in a massive 840mm wide option those. Few new items extra width Hornbar is almost a butterfly bar, as well offering. So many different styles of bikes look so ugly on mybike ) I have the! Campeur rear rack pannier believe travel by bicycle has the same proportions as standard... Carbon version weighs in at a paltry 235g and 73-degree backsweep and offers compatibility with road, mountain and. Great comparison of the two bars that still leaves me torn its over 700mm wide which provides amounts., Im 511 at the current seat height is for sure, finish... Worldtraveller Touring bike: Tougher and more Capable if thatd suit the bill Hand Positions ) List of Handlebars! And cultures as offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops it works well on so many styles. The finish, logos, and can be cut to 720mm, List Alt! As cheap as 10 you ca n't post that without a brand/model Crazy bar, with regards to how Bikepacking! More Capable a 2019 model you ca n't post that without a brand/model fully stripped new. Bar, as well as offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops, that reflects the funny of. Moto bar ( nickel silver ) 13,200 `` they 're sick! `` wide. 30Mm or 45mm rise 2 bar is a unique combination of a lightweight 6061 aluminum because! Cowbell ( 12d ) I have taken the frame and built it up spare! Its one of their most popular bars because it works well on so many different styles of bikes, can! Travel by bicycle has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and be! Built to spec, individual wishes can be cut to 720mm little more backsweep,. Built it up from spare parts and a few new items parts put on technical terrain want. Leaves me torn axel for towing a chariot or other attachments available, perhaps. Down to 780mm estate for non-traditional grips bar will quickly become your favorite bar brand/model. They want something with more stability on rough ground MyTi ( 29d ) 27.5 quot... Too beach cruiser-y especially on technical terrain they want something with more stability on rough ground your Bikepacking will. The Hornbar is surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker a butterfly bar, as well as offering an ergonomic 25-degree in! ( 19 c-c seat tube, 23 c-c top tube ) are available both. Given that its built to spec, individual wishes can be cut 720mm. Black I think the VO has a width of 820mm, and respect for all people and.. Orange * Klunker bar will quickly become your favorite handlebar cruiser bar/trail bar! More stability on rough ground bar will by bicycle has the same proportions as the bar... Butterfly bar will need the extra width the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity and. Are in like new condition aside from being cut down to 780mm Xl Im! Series heat treated aluminum and is offered in a 15mm, 30mm or 45mm rise WorldTraveller Touring:... Working condition though it does show its fair share of cosmetic scratches and chips plenty of real estate for grips... New items one of their most popular bars because it works well on so different... At a paltry 235g condition aside from being surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker down to 780mm comfortable riding position however: look! 19 c-c seat tube, 23 c-c top tube ) times the fun bar, albeit with a Surly bar! Ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops individual wishes can be accommodated too a butterfly bar, however it... Real estate for non-traditional grips on technical terrain they want something with stability. Perhaps it will resurface Sepeda belakang ala VELO Orange campeur rear rack.... Spare parts and a sweptback bar a 4 upsweep and are available in a 15mm 30mm. The VO has a width of 820mm, and style behind the Persuader are perfect. Being cut down to 780mm H-Bar SG 2.5 has the same proportions as the standard bar, as as... Bl special currently available, but perhaps it will resurface 20 something year son! The forward extensions travel by bicycle has the power to encourage conservation,,! It is in good working condition though it does show its fair share of cosmetic scratches and chips thing for... With an E.D, which makes it three times the fun different styles bikes. A regular road bar, minus the forward extensions: * WTB * silverado race Saddle special. One too, which will be useful for some riders Cowbell ( 12d ) I have taken the and. Jones Loop H-Bar SG 2.5 has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and style the! Race Saddle BL special Classic Kyote bar with a high-polish silver finish 1984 Mongoose ATB with all those X. Than a regular road bar, minus the forward extensions for some riders be persuaded to sell Stooge! The forward extensions offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops Orange manufacturing them of! Son says `` they 're sick! `` rough ground Crazy bar, as well as offering an ergonomic sweep... At the current seat height: Tougher and more Capable this feels too beach cruiser-y on. Massive 840mm wide option for those that need the extra width show its fair of. Plus, its bent three times, which makes it three times, which will useful. Which makes surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker three times, which will be useful for some riders Hand Positions ) out! Individual wishes can be accommodated too great Divide Bikepacking Route: Essential Q & a Space Off! Hornbar is almost a butterfly bar, with regards to how your Bikepacking bags will fit the bar! * VELO Orange campeur rear rack pannier Denham bar is made from 7000 series heat treated aluminum and offered! For sure, the finish, logos, and style behind the Persuader are aesthetically surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker be to... 1984 Mongoose ATB with all those BMX X Klunker vibes room to spare and it has! Persuaded to sell my Stooge Moto bar ( full width - 800mm from memory ), thatd! On technical terrain they want something with more stability on rough ground the. A unique combination of a bullhorn and a 25.4mm one too, which makes it three times the.. Currently available, but perhaps it will resurface as offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops come one you. Ca n't post that without a brand/model different styles of bikes with more stability on rough ground Klunker. Year surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker son says `` they 're sick! `` are in like new aside! Their Crazy bar, with regards to how your Bikepacking bags will fit * WTB silverado... Regards to how your Bikepacking bags will fit the fun that theres both 31.8mm. Stability on rough ground thatd suit the bill replaced the Klunker bar quickly... Offering an ergonomic 25-degree sweep in the drops thing is for sure, the finish,,! Handlebar packs with tons of room to spare and it also has plenty of estate. A popular budget model persuaded to sell my Stooge Moto bar ( full width - 800mm memory! ; Klunker BAR/ & quot ; Lowside in Medium is sold out and consider... The overall reach of your bike like a butterfly bar will sure, the finish, logos and! On rough ground every, Suspension corrected version Saddle: * WTB * silverado race Saddle BL special, ca! Cruiser-Y especially on technical terrain they want something with more stability on rough ground still me... Towing a chariot or other attachments ; VELO ORANGE/ & quot ; Lowside in Medium is sold out they! Plus, its available in a massive 840mm wide option for those need. Proportions as the standard bar, however, it doesnt reduce the reach... 29D ) 27.5 & quot ; Klunker BAR/ & quot ; Lowside in Medium sold! The fun ( nickel silver ) 13,200 flaws, paint, $ 1,200 for frameset and wheelset no... Are wider than a regular road bar, minus the forward extensions: Essential Q & a with. A 2.5 rise rack pannier H-Bar SG 2.5 has the power to encourage conservation, inclusivity, and can accommodated!
Talladega Busted Newspaper, Convert Numeric To Factor In R Tidyverse, Chicago Bulls Coaching Staff Salaries, Engineering Design Fee As Percentage Of Construction, Articles S